2016-2017 cycle

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

GRE-318 Q-153 V-165 Writing-4.5

That's an impressive verbal score! Did you walk away thinking you scored higher on the analytical writing section? After I finished the writing sections I was convinced I had at least a 5.0 only to end up with a 4.0. 

For reference,

GRE total = 316

Verbal = 158

Quantitative = 158

Writing = 4.0

That's an impressive verbal score! Did you walk away thinking you scored higher on the analytical writing section? After I finished the writing sections I was convinced I had at least a 5.0 only to end up with a 4.0. 

For reference,

GRE total = 316

Verbal = 158

Quantitative = 158

Writing = 4.0

I was hopeful for a 5 on the writing, but am content with the 4.5. Just wish I had done a little better on the quant!

I just found this forum and Wingate is my top school. I got to say I have grown very worried since it appears that they have already lined up interviews through Jan. Would y'all say that if I have not received an interview thus far that it is unlikely to happen? Just curious to see what y'all of heard or seen in the past from Wingate thanks and good luck to y'all.

I just found this forum and Wingate is my top school. I got to say I have grown very worried since it appears that they have already lined up interviews through Jan. Would y'all say that if I have not received an interview thus far that it is unlikely to happen? Just curious to see what y'all of heard or seen in the past from Wingate thanks and good luck to y'all.

The website says they interview "through February." Also, when did you submit your completed application to Wingate? I was verified in mid June and received an interview invite within a week or two, for what it's worth. All you can do is stay positive!

Hi all!

I'm new to applying. This is my first cycle.  I wanted to bring forward my stats and would like to hear some feedback as far as where I would stand. 

Graduation Date: April 2014

University: Oakland University (Rochester, MI)

Major: Bachelors of Health Sciences with concentration in Integrative Holistic Medicine

Pre-Req GPA: 3.58

Advanced Anatomy- 3.7

Anatomy Lab- 3.2

Genetics- 3.6

Clinical Microbiology- 3.9

Clinical Microbiology Lab- 4.0

Organic Chemistry- 4.0

Medical Biochemistry- 3.5

Advanced Human Physiology- 4.0

Intro Psychology- 3.1

Statistics- 3.1

Medical Terminolog- 3.4 

Overal CASPA GPA: 3.12

Patient Contact Hours: 3,900 (paid, Certified Nursing Assistant)

Healthcare Experience: Dental Office ManagerCare Management Administration

Shadowing Hours: ~70 (Trauma, Surgical Service, Rapid Response, and Neurology) 

Letters of Reccomendation: 1 from Neurology PA (I work with her on my hospital unit), 1 from a Derm/GI PA (I volunteered at her clinic in Chicago), 1 from my unit manager, and 1 from a professor (professor for my biochem/pathology courses, conducts breast cancer research at OU). 

Extra Curricular:

Pre-PA Society, Vice President (Oakland University)

Keep Detroit Beautiful, Brand Ambassador (Detroit, MI) 

Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Executive Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator

Gamma Phi Beta, Recruitment/ Chapter Advisor (Beta Chapter- University of Michigan) 

GRE: I had a low GRE the first time I took it.... but I am retaking it in the next few months.... do you think this is  bad because it seems as though they sent out a lot of interviews already... 

Any recommendations for me? I am currently taking a few courses just to keep up with my studies. I currently work at the hospital, volunteer, and am prepping for a mission trip in December. 

Please feel free to give me any tough love!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My interview isn't until January. Does anyone want to share what the interview was like or how to prepare?

Hey, I was actually accepted to this school this morning. I'm super excited about it!

The interview groups are smaller (ours had about six people) and the process is designed to be pretty relaxed. As far as preparing for it, I was able to participate in some mock interviews through my school's Pre-Med club and career services department. I also read a couple books on interviewing as I felt like I didn't come off as strong as I could have in my first interview at a different school.

The faculty seemed really relaxed and I really appreciated how honest they were. I'm extremely excited about Wingate!

Interview on 10/17 at Wingate, waiting for a reply.

Interviewed at the Main Campus, where they interview 6 people once a week, starting in September. I believe they have a rolling admissions and continue to accept applicants until the class is full. I was told their goal is to notify interviewees within 2 weeks of the interview.

Hope this helps!

Archived