• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59

Science GPA: 3.35 (I know this is low)

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care Experience:1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( This is my first time applying and I am afraid I will not get into any of the schools I applied for. I have seen that Carroll is very competitive with respect to GPA so I am not hopeful for this one.

Hi Everyone, 

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs. My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59

Science GPA: 3.35 (I know this is low)

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care Experience:1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( This is my first time applying and I am afraid I will not get into any of the schools I applied for. I have seen that Carroll is very competitive with respect to GPA so I am not hopeful for this one.

As far as I know, Carroll has not started interviews yet. From what I have read/heard, they start invites for interviews around this time...end of Sept. I submitted on Aug 31, and have not received anything but the confirmation email as well. 

Also, they are not rolling admissions, which helps to some extent. 

I would say you are far from out of the race just yet. Your stats aren't terrible, and a lot has to do with your essays and quality of your experiences. My stats are not perfect either, but I'm hoping that my other experiences and qualities make me stand out. 

Keep your hope up! :)

Cumulative Undergrad: 3.78 (should be going up because I'm still taking two classes to boost my application)

Science:3.73

Non:3.86

GRE

Quant:150

Verbal:154

Experience: good quality but not quantity ~600, but just got a job so that will be going up pretty fast

good amount of volunteering too

Cumulative Undergrad: 3.78 (should be going up because I'm still taking two classes to boost my application)

Science:3.73

Non:3.86

GRE

Quant:150

Verbal:154

Experience: good quality but not quantity ~600, but just got a job so that will be going up pretty fast

good amount of volunteering too

Thank you! Congrats again and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be hearing back soon!

Congrats!! Would you be willing to provide your stats to help get an idea of what they are looking for this cycle? Also, when are you scheduled to interview? Good luck!!

I'm interviewing on November 8 afternoon session. CGPA :3.78, SGPA : 3.86. Gre : 310/3.5. Patient care : 5k as pharmacy tech., 500 CNA, 100 volunteers. Undergrade GPA 3.95.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just received an interview invite!! Given that they are not rolling admissions, does anyone know if there is any advantage/disadvantage for interviewing in the earlier November time slots vs the later times?

Not sure it will make too much of a difference, but my mindset was, schedule the earlier for the better!!

I'm going Nov 4th, what session did you get?

Could those of you who got interviews share your stats? And let us know when you submitted

I submitted 8/31, got email from Carroll that it was complete on 9/8. Interview invite on 10/13.

3.25 cGPA, 3.44  sGPA. I have about 10,000 hours patient care experience, 100 hours volunteering and about 25 hours shadowing a few different PA's and one D.O. 304 and 4.5 on GRE.

Archived