Wow.

I will tell you this... If you have any chance of obtaining your perception of a career as a PA I would recommend that you start by answering a question without the "beating around the bush" passive responses you present. Trust me, adcoms (who are the gatekeepers for PA programs) will appreciate it. Once again, you have failed to acknowledge the reasoning behind your questions. To make this simple...

1. Are you currently in high school? Yes or no

2. If no, are you in college? Yes or no

3. Are you currently preparing for matriculation into a PA program? Yes or no

4. If yes, where are you at in the process?

5. Are you trolling? Yes or no

6. If you answered yes to #5 could you please redirect your questions to some "other" forum/website such as "yahoo answers" or similar or good ol fashion Google/Wikipedia.

You want to know the details of people's professional life and how they got to where they are and how you can get there, then maybe you should provide a little detail yourself... Out of respect more than anything.

This is the heart of the issue, I believe- you have continually asked wide-ranging questions without offering any context as to your own situation- which not only makes it difficult to provide such advice, but it's also incredibly tiring and very one-sided.

ANYONE can ask questions, and after the first, second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth times, you will find people willing to answer them. But you're way past sixth, seventh, eighth or ninth times with this- and if you're unable to contribute anything to the forum other than peppering everyone with questions, you will find that no one is willing to help you. So, give a little perspective- you could answer a few questions above and you might actually find a change in everyone's opinion. Or don't, but don't expect anyone to be willing to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

When applying for a position:

What factors do employers? recruiters look at?  

Are grades looked at? GPA looked at? during the interview? screening process? 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I see nothing wrong with your post.  I was curious about the questions you asked myself.  All of the responses starting from walkoffshot are complete crap and are not helpful. Honestly, its BS this is the responses you get from asking questions about the profession. I feel like if you are wanting quality answers to your question then go to a different forum, because clearly this one just makes you feel ike sh*t for asking questions. In fact, just ask your school, or find someone professional to help you out. Universities are very helpful with career advice, and usually have a service to answer these sorts of questions. Try posting this on reddit. I am sure you will get much more positive feedback from them.There is nothing wrong with trying to find the best offer that you believe you deserved. I don't want to get into this long internet battle about the money debate, but becoming a PA is long and expensive. I believe that money is important. I hope you find the right answers that you are looking for.

I see nothing wrong with your post.  I was curious about the questions you asked myself.  All of the responses starting from walkoffshot are complete crap and are not helpful. Honestly, its BS this is the responses you get from asking questions about the profession. I feel like if you are wanting quality answers to your question then go to a different forum, because clearly this one just makes you feel ike sh*t for asking questions. In fact, just ask your school, or find someone professional to help you out. Universities are very helpful with career advice, and usually have a service to answer these sorts of questions. Try posting this on reddit. I am sure you will get much more positive feedback from them.There is nothing wrong with trying to find the best offer that you believe you deserved. I don't want to get into this long internet battle about the money debate, but becoming a PA is long and expensive. I believe that money is important. I hope you find the right answers that you are looking for.

Totally agree, if you are making an isolated post, or you have researched and you are looking for clarification.  That isn't what is going on here.

Archived