HLReed

Student Writers wanted: PA Professional Magazine launching student section!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to tell you all about a new opportunity to publish your writing as a student. I am helping to run a new student section at PA professional magazine. Some details below:

Wanted: PA Student Writers

Beginning in spring 2012, PA Professional will launch a student section featuring news written for and by PA students. If you know students who would be interested in writing for this new and exciting magazine section, please have them email their story idea—in 100 words or fewer—to Janette Rodrigues, AAPA managing editor of publications. Contact her at news@aapa.org or 571-319-4382.

We will be looking for various article types, including:

Commentary/Perspective: Students take a stand on an issue or express their viewpoint on a topic in PA practice, education or policy.

Words from the Wards: Students share a unique medical experience -- from their first or second year of PA school -- in a first-person essay.

Passing Notes: Students give advice to other students on how to cope with the first year of PA school, rotations or entering the workforce.

Articles should be around 600 words or less.

We will also accept photos from student photographers depicting student activities and advocacy.

Deadline for the first issue (March) is Jan. 31st send send ideas or articles ASAP.

If you have any questions you can email me at studenteditor@aapa.org. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Harrison Reed

PA Professional Student Editor

Hey everyone,

I wanted to tell you all about a new opportunity to publish your writing as a student. I am helping to run a new student section at PA professional magazine. Some details below:

Wanted: PA Student Writers

Beginning in spring 2012, PA Professional will launch a student section featuring news written for and by PA students. If you know students who would be interested in writing for this new and exciting magazine section, please have them email their story idea—in 100 words or fewer—to Janette Rodrigues, AAPA managing editor of publications. Contact her at news@aapa.org or 571-319-4382.

We will be looking for various article types, including:

Commentary/Perspective: Students take a stand on an issue or express their viewpoint on a topic in PA practice, education or policy.

Words from the Wards: Students share a unique medical experience -- from their first or second year of PA school -- in a first-person essay.

Passing Notes: Students give advice to other students on how to cope with the first year of PA school, rotations or entering the workforce.

Articles should be around 600 words or less.

We will also accept photos from student photographers depicting student activities and advocacy.

Deadline for the first issue (March) is Jan. 31st send send ideas or articles ASAP.

If you have any questions you can email me at studenteditor@aapa.org. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Harrison Reed

PA Professional Student Editor

Great idea!

This sounds awesome. I am looking forward to reading the student contributions and perhaps writing one myself. Thanks for working on this!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By thefoggymist
      Greetings everybody
      It's my first post here. I was desperate enough to Google and somehow ended up here.
      I am a US IMG, last year, good rank (and once was first of my year on IM rotation), Step 1 done...
      I am looking for a US clinical experience (a hands on elective rotation). I like IM, with all passion, and almost all subspecialties (and especially ID). I don't mind any subspecialty really, they all excite me haha.
      I literally tried everything... I always end up with either an observership (which is not really nicely considered for the match), or just getting ignored.
      I emailed a lot of doctors and hospitals, it seems like there's no use.
      I know companies like AMO and those exist, but many say they're shady, many say you don't really do anything, and most importantly they're expensive for very lowly ranked hospitals. I don't mind a place with no particular rank, but doesn't make sense to pay that much money for something that should be free. 
      I am ready to pay my own insurance.
      I'm out of time as my elective is due in like 3 months (and I need paperwork and such...).
      I'll pay with coffee, kindness, smart questions, daily compliments and especially hard work.
      Even if it's just hope with no real confirmation, I can try sending an email of my info + CV + motivation letter... And we'll see what happens. My dream is to catch a residency in the US so I could help, with my passion, as much people as I can knowing I did my job in getting fit as a good physician.
      Any help?
    • By sas5814
      PAFT would like to congratulate the following newly elected officers of the AAPA Board of Directors and
      House of Delegates who were endorsed by PAFT.
      President-elect:
      Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, MMS, PA-C
      Director-at-Large:
      Jennifer Orozco, MMS, PA-C, DFAAPA
      House of Delegates
      Director/Second Vice Speaker of the House:
      Leslie Clayton Milteer, PA-C, MPAS, DFAAPA
      PAFT, for the third year in a row, has had 100% of its endorsed candidate successfully elected. Overall
      greater than 94% of PAFT’s endorsed candidates have been elected. It seems PAFTs ideals and values are
      in keeping with the majority of voting members of AAPA.
      Why not come see if we agree with yours.
      Join PAFT.
    • By rev ronin
      One of the nice things about gender disparity in recent PA students and graduates is that there's no line for the men's room.
      Post your own AAPA 2019 observations below!
      First one to spot me and introduce yourself gets a to-be-determined prize. Void for people whom I have already met in person.
    • By sas5814
      PAs for Tomorrow provided the 2019 AAPA candidates questions regarding their beliefs about the future of the profession.
      Please go to www.pasfortomorrow.org for more information about our endorsed candidates.
      After a lengthy review and robust discussion, the BOD of PAFT is pleased to endorse the following candidates:
      President:
      Beth R. Smolko, DMSc, MMS, PA-C
      Director-at-Large: 
      Jennifer Orozco, MMS, PA-C, DFAAPA
      House of Delegates
      Director/Second Vice Speaker of the House:
      Leslie Clayton Milteer, PA-C, MPAS, DFAAPA
      #PAFT
      #AAPA19

As of right now the more involved explanation of our process and reasons hasn't been posted but will be up soon. If you are an AAPA member we encourage you to vote!
    • By Karlie
      I am a member of Michigan Academy of Physician Assistant's (MAPA) as a "prospective student". I would like to add this to my CASPA application as a professional membership, but I am not sure what to put for my role in the organization. I read their news letters and keep up to date on what they are doing as an organization, but I am not physically involved with them. I have emailed them before asking if I could volunteer for them in any way, since the PA profession is my chosen path, but I did not receive a reply. Any suggestions on what I can put under this section of CASPA?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More