Getting into a US PA program with a 3 year bachelor's

Hi everyone, I got my bachelor's degree from Sciences Po university from France, which is a 3 year bachelor's program. I studied for a year abroad in Canada and I am taking prerequisite courses at my local community college. What I would like to ask you guys if whether an American PA program accept someone with my background. I called Wake Forest, and they flat out told me that they don't accept any foreign bachelor's degrees. Does it simply depend on the school. Do I have to start from scratch and redo my bachelor's in the US?!

By the way, I am a natural born US citizen, with English as my native language.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/how-to-send-transcripts/sending-foreign-transcripts/

HOW TO DOCUMENT FOREIGN COURSEWORK

"If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, CASPA does not require any documentation, but most PA programs DO. The majority of PA programs require that you have your foreign coursework submitted to a U.S.-based evaluation service for a course-by-course U.S. equivalency report. This report should then be sent to CASPA directly from the evaluation service. Contact the foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. The services may take several weeks to process your foreign transcript once it is received."

I have already had my coursework processed by WES, am I am waiting to hear back. I am not applying to any school in MD actually, but rather to severe schools all over the East coast. I just want to know if any of them (Duke, GW, Drexel, etc.) will accept my 3-year bachelor's degree.

Does anyone know if the French "bachelor," being a 3-year program, is equivalent to a US bachelor's degree? 

The US is a fairly self contained educational entity and doesn't have a standardization for taking in education from other countries. Your best bet, like you've done with Wake, is to contact the individual programs. This is a pretty program specific question and is up to them.

Thanks cop to pa, I live in Montgomery County, and I am working on my prereqs at Montgomery College. I am in the process of calling other programs, but no definite answers yet. What I'm worried about is what WES will decide about my degree, since PA schools will only accept my transcripts evaluated from WES.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived