University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) PA Program

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who got accepted. What was your GRE, GPA, experience?

My GRE: 296 with 3.5 writing

GPA: 3.4 --> bachelor in chemistry with many upper level science classes

science GPA --> 3.4 including all the science classes i have taken

patient hours: over 500 as CNA

shadowing: 100 physician shadowing and 20 PA shadowing.

What are my chances of getting into PA program? I am applying within 2 weeks. 

For those of you who got accepted. What was your GRE, GPA, experience?

My GRE: 296 with 3.5 writing

GPA: 3.4 --> bachelor in chemistry with many upper level science classes

science GPA --> 3.4 including all the science classes i have taken

patient hours: over 500 as CNA

shadowing: 100 physician shadowing and 20 PA shadowing.

What are my chances of getting into PA program? I am applying within 2 weeks.

GRE: 311 and 4.0 writing

GPA: 3.5 (bachelor's in biology and minor in chemistry)

Science GPA: 3.6----due to engineering classes before I switched majors, upper level biology classes I had close to a 3.9

Patient care experience: at time of interview I had 800 hours as a patient care assistant in a memory care unit

Shadowing: over 100 hours with physicians and 50 hours of PA shadowing

I also had a lot of hours in volunteering and leadership experience in organizations in undergrad but it sounds like you'd be a competitive applicant. This interview was the best compared to other schools. It was very laid back and really just felt like a conversation instead of an interview.

GRE: 311 and 4.0 writing

GPA: 3.5 (bachelor's in biology and minor in chemistry)

Science GPA: 3.6----due to engineering classes before I switched majors, upper level biology classes I had close to a 3.9

Patient care experience: at time of interview I had 800 hours as a patient care assistant in a memory care unit

Shadowing: over 100 hours with physicians and 50 hours of PA shadowing

I also had a lot of hours in volunteering and leadership experience in organizations in undergrad but it sounds like you'd be a competitive applicant. This interview was the best compared to other schools. It was very laid back and really just felt like a conversation instead of an interview.

I also have leadership experience in organization. My worry is the GRE score being low but I am also not native English speaker. I do want to retake it but I am afraid by the time I get score, my application entry will be very late which decreases my chances to get in also. 

I am going to interview on 9/23! Anyone else going that date? Also for those who have gone, if you're staying at the Holiday Inn Express is it an easy Uber to campus? I really don't want to have to rent a car.

I'm going to interview on 9/23 as well! 

People who were accepted: what did your GRE/GPA/HC experience look like?

For anyone who went on the interview, how long was it? How many people on average were on the interview panel interviewing you? Also, did they mention how large they planned the cohort size to be? Not many details are on their website regarding future cohorts or FAQ's. Anything is appreciated, thank you!!   

I'm going to interview on 9/23 as well! 

People who were accepted: what did your GRE/GPA/HC experience look like?

For anyone who went on the interview, how long was it? How many people on average were on the interview panel interviewing you? Also, did they mention how large they planned the cohort size to be? Not many details are on their website regarding future cohorts or FAQ's. Anything is appreciated, thank you!!

For stats you can look at a recent previous post I made. The interview day was about 8am-2pm and was very laid back. The actual interview was a 3 on 1 and maybe lasted 30 minutes. I believe they said they are looking at a cohort size of 41 or 42 people. They said maybe a little more or a little less depending on the applicants. From the Facebook group it looks like they've accepted about 20 people already. Good luck to you!

For stats you can look at a recent previous post I made. The interview day was about 8am-2pm and was very laid back. The actual interview was a 3 on 1 and maybe lasted 30 minutes. I believe they said they are looking at a cohort size of 41 or 42 people. They said maybe a little more or a little less depending on the applicants. From the Facebook group it looks like they've accepted about 20 people already. Good luck to you!

Great, thank you so much for the help!

Hey everyone, my application was verified on August 17th and I have still yet to hear back about a potential interview from UT. How long did it take everyone else to hear back? I have already contacted them and they told me it takes at least 6 weeks to hear back about interviews.

I interviewed yesterday and they said that it was either the last crop of interviews or they would hold one more. I found out August 26 and submitted my application on August 3. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear! It was definitely very laid back

• 2 weeks later...

update that most of you probably got by email...

"As you might know we are in the process of transitioning from provisional accreditation status to continued accreditation process. ARC-PA conducted their site visit at the end of last week. This is an intense process and faculty and staff of the UTSHC PA program as well as University administration were focused on making the site visit as smooth and successful as possible.

We will hold an admission committee meeting next week as there is a national conference on PA education which our faculty are attending. 

Again please accept my apology for the delay. "

Archived