2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

NU didn't receive my complete application until 09/15, and I received an interview invitation on 09/30. So, early September is obviously not too late. Good luck!

Congrats! Would you be willing to post your stats? I haven't heard anything back yet and was wondering who they are looking at now in terms of qualifications. Thanks in advance!

Congrats! Would you be willing to post your stats? I haven't heard anything back yet and was wondering who they are looking at now in terms of qualifications. Thanks in advance!

Well, I'm on the lower end of the spectrum as far as GPA/GRE scores for their class profile and I still got an interview. I took most of my prerequisites at Northwestern (which partially accounts for my slightly lower GPA numbers). My healthcare experience is centered on my experience as a combat medic in the Army. 

Overall GPA: 3.45

BCP: 3.27

Overall Science: 3.33

Prerequisite GPA: 3.9(ish)

GRE VR: 161 QR: 151

Hope this helps! Good luck!

I received an interview invite today for Friday, October 7. I'm excited and looking forward to meeting everyone that's there! :)

And just an FYI- my application was complete July 27th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the interview session on October 7th. Have you heard back yet? Or know anyone who has? (Yea, I know it's not even been a week). 

I was at the interview session on October 7th. Have you heard back yet? Or know anyone who has? (Yea, I know it's not even been a week).

I'm guessing I know who you are! I believe I sat right next to you for the beginning info session.

As far as hearing anything, I have not- but I will update if I do! I'm guessing the very earliest anyone will hear will be next week or within the next month or so. Seems like their pattern is they interview two groups and pick their top 2-4 candidates from those interviews.

Make sure to keep us posted if you hear anything as well! Good luck.

I'm guessing I know who you are! I believe I sat right next to you for the beginning info session.

As far as hearing anything, I have not- but I will update if I do! I'm guessing the very earliest anyone will hear will be next week or within the next month or so. Seems like their pattern is they interview two groups and pick their top 2-4 candidates from those interviews.

Make sure to keep us posted if you hear anything as well! Good luck.

Oh, ok, then I think I know who you are too! :) 

When is the next interview date? I know I was originally scheduled for November 4th, but Kevin called me to come in for the 10/07 interview day. And I will definitely update if I hear something. Good luck to you too!

Does anyone who has interviewed here have any advice or insights on the interview process here? A little nervous for the group interview, and wondering if the individual interview will be more conversational or traditional interview style. Thanks!!

Does anyone who has interviewed here have any advice or insights on the interview process here? A little nervous for the group interview, and wondering if the individual interview will be more conversational or traditional interview style. Thanks!!

There is no group interview. There is a small group PBL instructional session and two individual interviews, along with a writing sample. It was a pretty relaxed experience, and there's no way to prep for the writing sample, so just take it easy and feel confident about yourself and your reasons for applying to their program. 

There is no group interview. There is a small group PBL instructional session and two individual interviews, along with a writing sample. It was a pretty relaxed experience, and there's no way to prep for the writing sample, so just take it easy and feel confident about yourself and your reasons for applying to their program. 

Thanks so much mcostine! The "group interview" in Kevin's email must be the PBL then! Whew that's a relief.

When did you submit your application and get verified? I am just trying to see a timeline estimate because I know they are rolling.

I submitted my supplemental application on June 26th and was verified as complete the day afterwards. 

Their last two interview dates are 12/2 and 12/12. I had to change my interview date from 11/16 to 12/2 due to my oath ceremony being scheduled on the same day. But hey, at least I'll be a US citizen now! :) 

EDIT:

Just gave up my interview spot so hopefully someone else receives good news!

Archived