2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'ello jz1bax1! I will be there on 10/17 as well :), I am not certain of my plans the day before but I am always down for coffee! So excited to interview and meet faculty, current students, and possible classmates!

@fakingpatience Thank you for offering your wisdom in this thread, any sagely advice for us approaching the interview? Would you like to get coffee with jz1bax1 and I on 10/16?

I heard there is either an essay or group project to work on. Working on a project with my fellow interviewee sounds exciting :D. Did anyone else hear something like this?

The interview invite that I got does not mention anything about a project or essay. It simply states there is an interview, lunch, tour and financial presentation. However I had heard that there was a writing piece in previous years,

Their site indicates a "writing sample" so maybe that's what they mean? Unfortunately, it doesn't give any detail.

http://med.emory.edu/pa/admissions/interview.html

I just got an email saying they can't process my application until my supplemental fee is paid. I paid it on June 9th, and have the receipt for it. My application should have been completed on June 9th, but it seems due to this error, they haven't even looked at it yet. I'm pretty disappointed :/ 

@meganb125:

It is an all day process... There were about 12 or 13 of us, split into 3 groups and then you do one of the following:

meet with the program director - which we did the writing sample with

interview with the interviewers- it IS a group interview

and we sat in on a lecture with the freshmen class

We had lunch, and it was tasty!

We also did a campus tour--lots of walking so wear comfy shoes!!!!

You will get to talk to current students. Everyone was SUPER nice, but I was so incredibly nervous, and pretty much shook the entire day. :(

Praying I'm better this time because Emory is my 1st choice!!!!

Where are you coming from Megan?

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview!  

I am a current 1st year Emory PA student, I just wanted to say hi and be here to answer any questions.  We are super excited to get to know you and my biggest piece of advice is to relax and be yourself.  The interview day is a two-way conversation where Emory is interviewing you but you should also be evaluating if Emory is the right place for you.  

Congratulations again, look forward to seeing you all during interviews.

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview!  

I am a current 1st year Emory PA student, I just wanted to say hi and be here to answer any questions.  We are super excited to get to know you and my biggest piece of advice is to relax and be yourself.  The interview day is a two-way conversation where Emory is interviewing you but you should also be evaluating if Emory is the right place for you.  

Congratulations again, look forward to seeing you all during interviews.

Hi! I'm wondering if you could tell us a little about the clinical rotations available at Emory. I can't seem to find a lot about them on the website!

Thanks in advance!

Well, I'm still in my first semester so we aren't really even looking at clinical rotations yet.  What I do know is that our upper-class recently signed up for their rotations and they all seemed to be very pleased with the options and variety.  You will do 10 rotations; 7 mandatory (Geriatrics/Psych, General Surgery, Family Med, Internal Med, Emergency Med, & Pediatrics) and 3 electives. They work with you to pick your electives and do a great job of meeting your needs.  At least a couple of your rotations will be away from the Atlanta metro area, most likely some kind of rural site.  During the interview they will present an information session and allow for questions, this would be a great questions during the interview day.  Sorry I don't know much more but I hope this helps, focusing on anatomy is my life right now. 

Thanks for the question, let me know if you have any more.

Hey TX2GA, thank you for entering this forum post and being so willing to answer questions! I have heard that anatomy is the sword by which you live or die the first semester so I wish you good luck and hope you know we certainly appreciate your precious limited time. I was wondering, will you be one of the students those of us interviewing may have a chance to stay with the night before? Our interview emails mentioned this possibility and I thought the chance to hang out with a current student sounded great! Did you do this for your interview last year?

Archived