2016-2017 Application cycle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I received an email stating my CASPA application has been received. Does anyone know if I will receive another email confirming my application is complete? My official GRE scores should be delivered to CASPA any day now.

Edit: Received confirmation email that application is complete :)

I'm trying to copy my narrative to their supplemental application but I've been experiencing trouble with formatting issues. There are no paragraph breaks so my statement is one entire block of text :/ I tried typing it out by hand but again, it won't let me enter breaks in between paragraphs. Is anyone having the same issue? I've tried downloading it again, and on different browsers, but with no luck :/

Perhaps I should upload an additional document for my narrative statement...?

Edit:

I called the admissions office and they say to just copy and paste it without the paragraph breaks.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to their open house and your GRE won't matter as much as your HCE. They say each category on your application (HCE, GRE, grades, volunteering, etc...) is awarded points based on an algorithm they use. The numbers are added together and interviews are given to applicants with the highest numbers.

In terms of HCE, they also have a scale for that. Army medics and RNs have the best HCE, then it's paramedics/EMTs, then scribing, then PCTs. Phlebotomy and PTs also count, but I forgot where on the scale they rank. This is also from the top of my head so I hope I'm remembering all the information correctly.

You should be fine if you have many direct patient care hours, and your GRE is around their average. My friend called and admissions said the average HCE hours this cycle so far is around 8000 hours. The range last year was from 2070 - ?? (I forgot the upper limit, but it was in the ten thousands). Don't worry too much, do the best you can, and good luck!

Archived