Class of 2019 Cycle NSU Fort Lauderdale

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interviewing Oct 10- got the invite just under 2 weeks after submitting the supplemental.  My stats are...

Undergrad GPA 3.6

Science GPA 3.7

Grad GPA 3.5

GRE score 309

600 hours shadowing a PA

10,000 hours patient care as MA

5,000 healthcare hours in healthcare administration

6,000 volunteer hours

CNA & BLS certified

Good luck everyone!

just got offered interview yesterday! actually heard back from judy in july but she told me that i needed to improve my writing score, i went from a 3 to a 5 and got the interview as soon as the score came back! but the next available slot isn't until january 12th.... it looked like interviews went on until the end of feb but i am worried that this date will be too late to be considered for admission. anyone know if there is still a good chance with an interview this late??

I applied with NOVA last cycle, and it wasn't until I completed my Genetics course that I was offered an interview (in February)

At that time they had already sent all their acceptance, and were interviewing for waitlist, expecting that a number of those accepted would drop once the March deposit was due

Applied again this cycle, and on 8/9/2016 was offered an interview for 10/31/2016

GPA 3.51

SGPA 3.93

Verbal 154

Quant 157

Writing 4.0

HCE hrs ~2,300 (of which ~1,300 paid, ~1,000 volunteer)

PA shadowing ~100 hrs

Best of luck, everyone! Hope to see you there

• 3 weeks later...

Interview is 1 week out for me. Will be flying all the way from Seattle, WA. Anyone know the format for this interview? Group, individual, MMI?

What day next week? I have an interview next Tuesday. And to answer your question there is one individual interview with a panel of faculty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What day next week? I have an interview next Tuesday. And to answer your question there is one individual interview with a panel of faculty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interviewing on Monday 10/10. I saw that the interview is individual, thanks for clarifying. I'll be flying in on Sunday 10/9, hoping that Hurricane Matthew doesn't complicate things!

I'm interviewing on Monday 10/10. I saw that the interview is individual, thanks for clarifying. I'll be flying in on Sunday 10/9, hoping that Hurricane Matthew doesn't complicate things!

You should probably call. I had an interview on 10/10 at the Ft Myers campus which is on the opposite coast of the storm and they canceled my interview. 

I also have an interview scheduled for next Monday the 10th, so I emailed Judy Dickman (the admissions counselor) today and she responded explaining that the university is closed on Thursday and Friday, October 6th and 7th, and is scheduled to reopen on Monday. However, being that hurricanes are unpredictable that they cannot predict that far out. I am coming from California so she said that she would work with me if I needed to cancel my flight and reschedule my interview. 

Also, you can check Nova's website for up to date weather information regarding the school's closure & reopening. Hope this helps.

I interviewed this past Tuesday and I think it went very well! You only had one individual interview for about 30 minutes with 3 falculty and then as a group you met with the director and he just talked about the program. Everyone was very nice and it was a pretty relaxed interview.

Hey everyone! I am a current student and met a few of you last week and the week before to give some tours. I hope you all liked our school as much as we do! The president of our class made a Facebook group in order to help you with any questions once you have accepted a seat at NSU Fort Lauderdale campus. Please do not join this group unless you have been offered and have accepted a seat. We know how overwhelming it can be to make the transition and there will be a few people from my class in the Facebook group to help answer any question you may have! Here is the link to the Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1867286040160155/

Archived