Class of 2019 Cycle NSU Fort Lauderdale

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is rolling admissions. I interviewed in early December last year and they had just filled all the spots. That being said, there should still be seats left in early November so I wouldn't worry too much of I were you!

Good luck!

I had to go to work I thought I would have time make the interview then there was barley anything left. Anyone else interviewing November 8th? And does anyone know if it's rolling admission?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

for those who have received interviews, when was your entire completed application submitted (including supplemental)? also do you know how often they release a wave of interview offers?

I submitted my supplemental on 7/9.  I'm not sure how often they are releasing interview offers.

Congratulations everyone who got interviews!!  I submitted the supplemental earlier this month, and I just got the application confirmation call yesterday.  I feel like my application won't be queued for an interview invitation until all the spots are full.  Oh my, this is all so stressful and exciting at the same time!

So everyone knows, the reason you might not hear back about an interview, from this campus, is because you haven't fully completed all your science pre-reqs. Unlike the other three NOVAs, this campus does not offer interviews to students until they have finished all science pre-reqs required for the program. Even though you can apply with pre-reqs missing, you will not get offered an interview, until after you send in your final grades for those courses. This comes directly from the admissions advisor for this campus. However, you are able to apply to the other 3 NOVA campuses and will not have any problems caused by missing pre-reqs. 

How does everyone feel about the question where we had to list everywhere we applied and what stage we are in?  It made me a little uncomfortable....  I applied to the programs at the Ivy League Universities as well as very highly ranked programs.  However, I am extremely interested in NOVA.  But I felt like when NOVA looks at my list, it makes them look like a fall-back school.... which is totally not true.... all schools are competitive, and I would choose NOVA over many big named schools because of the program's attributes, and I want to practice in Fort Lauderdale after passing the boards.

Just curious if anyone else was uncomfortable with the question...

I would have rather been asked in an interview so that I can explain how I chose where to apply.

I don't feel this question will negatively impact your application.  Most schools encourage applying to multiple schools because they see first hand how competitive these programs are.  They are the ones sifting through thousands of applications and deciding which few to offer an interview.  I wouldn't worry over that question.

I read somewhere on the forum that the Ft. Lauderdale campus doesn't even interview people who are finishing their classes in fall. I looked on their website and their requirements say to be completed by the end of the fall semester. Should I not apply to the Ft. Lauderdale campus if I have two classes to take this fall still?

Does anyone know how it works if you have pre-requisites in progress for the fall? I know they don't interview until they are finished, but mine finish in October. Do they decide whether or not to interview you conditionally (and then let you know their decision on if you get an interview immediately after turning in all your grades) or do they not even look at your application whatsoever until your pre-requisites get completed?

Has anyone received their confirmation email for their interview date yet? I have yet to receive it and I am getting worried :/

After you self-schedule your interview on the "Appointments Plus Software," you should have automatically gotten an appointment confirmation from appointments plus, and that has all the extra details pertaining to the interview day.

Received a call this afternoon from Judy Dickman the admissions counselor.  The rumors of not being invited for an interview due to prerequisites in progress are true.  Per Ms. Dickman, she could not invite candidates for interviews if science prerequisites are in progress.  I can't speak for non-science requirements as she said specifically science, but that's all I am missing. 

After you self-schedule your interview on the "Appointments Plus Software," you should have automatically gotten an appointment confirmation from appointments plus, and that has all the extra details pertaining to the interview day.

Thanks! Looks like the email went to my old email address instead of my current one!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Archived