@cbrutts. Yes I applied to both. No I haven't heard from the PA campus. I interviewed at the PA campus last cycle at the end of January and was wait listed.

hey just wondering if interviews have started for this school or if they're waiting to send interview invites until December after the application submission date? any update would be appreciated!

hey just wondering if interviews have started for this school or if they're waiting to send interview invites until December after the application submission date? any update would be appreciated!

Interviews began in August. They have quite a few coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone! I just completed my application through CASPA for PCOM GA. Anyone else had trouble copying and pasting their essay in the 1000 word slot for the program specific questions? My essay was less than 1000 words and It kept saying 1000/1000 and not showing my full essay. Do you think I would be able to reach out to admissions at PCOM via email and attach complete essay there after telling them what happened? Or does it make sense to contact CASPA. Please advise.

Yes, more invites will be sent out. According to a current student, the class is currently half full and the program will likely hold interviews through February. And @jena.hayes90, I submitted my supplemental application and fee last month, as well. Still haven't heard anything. It just shows on my online account with their school that it has been received.

Anyone heard anything recently? It's been a month and a half since my application was verified, I have not heard anything since. Anyone knows how long it takes them for interview invites and then how long before they let you know after the interview? I also never got email confirmation for my secondary application (I payed the fee and everything was submitted).

Anyone heard anything recently? It's been a month and a half since my application was verified, I have not heard anything since. Anyone knows how long it takes them for interview invites and then how long before they let you know after the interview? I also never got email confirmation for my secondary application (I payed the fee and everything was submitted).

I haven't heard anything back either. I was hoping to hear something back by now.. starting to lose hope

For those attending pcom, can y'all tell me when the start date of classes for the pa program is for the 2015/16 application cycle? Does anyone also know those for Merced by any chance?

• Upvote 1

Hello All! My name is Ashley Hayes and I'm a current PA student at GA-PCOM! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Ashley, do you know anything about how the GA campus composes their wait list from either your cycle or the current one such as how big it is or if you know how full the incoming class currently is. I appreciate all of your help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hematime
      Hi everyone, I wanted to start this thread early so we can share our experience! Goodluck!
    • By cemetra
      I'm attending Arizona State University online. I live in Georgia and I'm 24 years old. ASU is a quarter-based system, which means I get college credits on a quarterly basis instead of a semester basis. All PA and AA schools (I'm interested in both) require a certain amount of prerequisite hours, but at ASU, I would be about an hour or two short in a lot of them, like biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, etc. So, me getting a degree in biology from ASU is kind of pointless, because I'd have to take some additional prerequisite classes at my local college anyways. I should also mention I have a job (in aviation) that pays pretty well - about $60,000 a year. I am also in the process of getting my Surgical Technician certifications, but this will take a year or so. With this being said, I have two options:

A: Get my Surgical Tech school done and take a really low course load at ASU for Biology to ensure I maintain as close to a 4.0 as possible. Get about 60 of 120 credits from ASU (amount needed to transfer), then transfer to the University of Georgia. Finish my degree in biology, but live off loans. Try to find a part-time CST job while in Athens to keep them as low as possible. Continue with a low class load to keep a good GPA. This way, I'm keeping my grades high, but still getting some crucial clinical experience. Eventually graduate from UGA, a highly respected school in Georgia, with a degree in Biology. Then apply to programs. Most will be far away, so if I get accepted into one of those, I'll also probably have to live off loans for the two years of AA or PA school. Lots of debt, but better undergrad, experience (in life and classwork), and higher caliber school.

B: Buy a mobile home for a great price ($13k practically brand new) - a home right next to my parent's. In 3 years, it'll be paid off and cost me half as much as renting. Continue my degree at Arizona State University (online) in something like psychology, since my prerequisites won't count the same anyways. Minor in personal health. Get my Surgical Tech school done and work part-time while attending ASU. Finish my psychology degree, then take the right prerequisites at my local college. Don't live off any student loans until I get accepted into AA or PA school.

Option A seems nice. I can go to UGA, graduate with a degree in Biology, have that prestigious college (at least for my state) attached to my degree, finish everything on a physical campus, have easier access to volunteering in research studies at the campus, have 100% of my focus on my school and GPA (this is important as grades don't come naturally to me), and pretty much devote my life to making sure my prerequisites and overall GPA are top notch. The bad - I'd live off loans and accumulate a lot more debt and UGA is harder (could be a good thing for preparation) in their expectations. A lot of good, but the two bad are related to more debt and harder to get a good GPA.

Option B seems good too, but not as appealing. I'll undergrad in psychology and minor in personal health (biology/chem/etc not available). Take all the right prerequisites at a local college that should be easier to pass versus UGA's standards. Save money by working as a Surgical Tech and paying $500/mo in a mortgage payment versus $1,000/mo for an apartment.

SORRY TO RAMBLE. What's your opinion? 
    • By emmyjordan
      I am a student at the University of Georgia. I would like to shadow a PA to make sure this is the career I would like to pursue. If you would be willing to let me shadow or know someone who would, my email is eej83717@uga.edu
      Thank you!
    • By BobSaget
      New Grad here looking for something in Metro Atlanta.
      Does anyone have any leads or connections or suggestions on where I should start looking?
      PM me please!
    • By JanessaD
      Hi Everyone,
      I am looking for shadowing opportunities in the Gwinnett Co. area of GA.  Specifically,  in Duluth, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Snellville, Norcross, or even Suwanee.  I work in a clinic full time right now, usually from 7am-3:30pm.  I can volunteer with anything you need as well.  Most of my experience is in physical therapy (outpatient) as a front office manager/pt tech. 
      Thank you!
      Janessa

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More