2016-2017 Application Cycle (GA Campus)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ashley! Can you enlighten me on the PA interview questions? How is it like? I have an interview this month.

From what I can remember the interview is very straight forward, no trick questions in my opinion. They're asking questions about you and your application. They really just want to get to know you as a person and see your passion for wanting to become a PA. The environment is really welcoming. I interviewed with 3 faculty members so I'm assuming your interview will be the same. The beginning part of your interview session will consist of a group tour by current PA students and then a presentation by a faculty member. The individual interviews are the last thing on the agenda. My advice is to go in and be yourself. They'll see your passion through that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates on interviews? I haven't gotten an emails except for my application verification; just didn't know when there interviews start.

Interviews have begun. But it's very early in the interviewing process. Only two sessions so far.

Hello All! My name is Ashley Hayes and I'm a current PA student at GA-PCOM! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hey, could you tell me what your accumulative GPA and science GPA were when you applied? As well as the amount of clinical hours you had?

Thanks!

Hello All! My name is Ashley Hayes and I'm a current PA student at GA-PCOM! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hey, could you tell me what your accumulative GPA and science GPA were when you applied? As well as the amount of clinical hours you had?

Thanks!

Hey Ashley, I was wondering if you can talk about your overall experience so far? availability of resources? do you get assigned a preceptor? what you like most about the school?

Hey Ashley, I was wondering if you can talk about your overall experience so far? availability of resources? do you get assigned a preceptor? what you like most about the school?

I really love PCOM. Everybody here is awesome and we're all a family. We work together and the faculty really have our best interest at heart. They really are concerned and make sure we are taken care of but everyone on campus is that way, even the security. If there is anything we need we just communicate with the appropriate party and they try their best to get it for us. If they can't do something then they let us know why but we pretty much have everything we need. It's an awesome school and I wouldn't have chosen any other school. The summer semester was fun but a little intense because it was so much information but hey that's PA school. I think I made one of the best decisions to attend PCOM. We haven't begun rotations yet but we do get assigned preceptors. If there is somewhere particular you want to go or a particular person you would like to be your preceptor you can let the faculty know. They'll try their best to get it set up but it requires a lot of paperwork and the preceptor must be willing to partake in the long process. You are by no means required to set up any rotations.

Declining my interview. I'll be starting in January with a better matched program for me. I hope this helps some one out. Good luck to those accepted & those waiting! Each and every applicant is fantastic;)

Congrats on your acceptance and PA school choice! May I ask- are you going to South University in Savannah? I would love to know your pros cons of the two. I applied to both and I'm sure several others did too. :)

Hello all,

I am a current student at the GA campus, feel free to ask me any questions that you have, Ill try to answer as best as I can.

Good luck to everyone applying.

Is anyone going to the interview this Thursday 7/28?

Hay! May I ask- do you know how many seats have already been filled? I applied and I'm still waiting to hear back. :)

Hay! May I ask- do you know how many seats have already been filled? I applied and I'm still waiting to hear back. :)

Hey, Sorry I dont specifically know this. However, I do know that most of those that applied and interviewed really early got waitlisted at first, then a bunch of peeps got accepted after the school had completed a few rounds of interviews.

Best of luck to you!

Congrats on your acceptance and PA school choice! May I ask- are you going to South University in Savannah? I would love to know your pros cons of the two. I applied to both and I'm sure several others did too. :)

Yes, that's correct. I would say both programs offer a candidate quality education and resources for the future. You just have to determine what are the most important things to you in a PA school. Aside from the obvious high PANCE pass rates and good attrition, I was very adamant about selecting a program that was family oriented. I am married with two kids so I HAD to focus on qualities that would make the next two years a positive experience for my family. The interview was an opportunity to dig deeper and ensure the best match for me. Also, South has an earlier start date when compared to PCOM. Again, that could be a pro or a con depending on whom you are speaking with but it was a plus for me. Hope this helps! Good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived