2016-2017 Application Cycle (GA Campus)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I am submitting my PCOM application today. Good luck to everyone! Is there a supplemental application that they send out after receiving our CASPA application? I was under the impression that they only require the CASPA application along with the PCOM specific questions and after receiving it, they will send out an email with directions to pay the application fee. 

Hi! I am submitting my PCOM application today. Good luck to everyone! Is there a supplemental application that they send out after receiving our CASPA application? I was under the impression that they only require the CASPA application along with the PCOM specific questions and after receiving it, they will send out an email with directions to pay the application fee. 

I looked over the admissions requirements on the website and I agree that the information regarding the secondary application seems unclear. I applied a few years ago and there was a secondary application with essay questions and a fee. However, a few years ago, there were not PCOM specific questions on the CASPA application. I wish I could be more helpful but I think we will just have to wait on this one. I contacted admissions on 6/1 and they had not started the process for the PA program. 

I am still waiting for CASPA to verify my application, I'm going to call them about it tomorrow, seems one of my transcripts has not been verified yet but was sent by the school on 5/31.  Good Luck to you both and any others applying to PCOM this cycle!!!!

Well all transcripts have been received and the last one is in the verification process...countdown to completed status and then wait for contact from the program! :-) It is real now...

• 1 month later...

what is the verification of LOR?

I misread their bulleted email to imply that they separately require both the application fee to be paid and the LOR to be received before you'll be evaluated, so I emailed asking if they needed the NPI number of the doc who wrote my CASPA LOR. I got two rather curt responses that they don't verify the LOR until after the payment (so it's sequential versus separate). So if you've paid the application in the last three weeks, eventually it'll verify that you've got one healthcare LOR and you'll be complete for evaluation.

Hello all,

I am a current student at the GA campus, feel free to ask me any questions that you have, Ill try to answer as best as I can.

Good luck to everyone applying.

Is anyone going to the interview this Thursday 7/28?

Hi! I was curious as to whether you knew the interview dates for this cycle? I didn't see them on the website.

I was also wondering if you could give us insight into the way clinical rotations work there. I know they have a rural focus so do rotations take place relatively nearby or do you travel to a location and stay there while you complete a rotation?

Thanks!

Anyone hear about interviews yet? I completed my application 6/22

There is a group of people interviewing on 7/28. I dont know when they received their offers to interview.

Hi! I was curious as to whether you knew the interview dates for this cycle? I didn't see them on the website.

I was also wondering if you could give us insight into the way clinical rotations work there. I know they have a rural focus so do rotations take place relatively nearby or do you travel to a location and stay there while you complete a rotation?

Thanks!

I dont know the dates :S sorry.

I also don't know about rotations, we are the first class of this campus and we are 1.5 weeks away from being done with our first semester, we still have a while before them. If there is a student from the Philly campus on their thread she/he may be able to provide you some information on that. I've been told they have some local ones, as well as non local ones, a girl in the class was asked if she wouldn't mind going to hawaii for a rotation, a DO student here in school said that they sometimes go to Philly to do their rotations. However, that was all unofficial, and that can always change by the time we get there to that point.

Hi Ashley! Can you share your admissions timeline? approximate time of application, interview invite, interview, etc

Thanks!

I applied in early September, I received an invite to interview on 11/13/15, I interviewed on 11/19/15 and I received my acceptance letter the week after thanksgiving which was on 12/4/15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone! I also applied to the PCOM PA campus for 2016-2017! Good luck to all!!

I was wondering, does anyone know when they send out invites to interview? Do they contact you by email or by phone?

Thank you! 

Its hard to say when they send them.

I received mine via email.

Hi Ashley! Do you know what's the average gpa for last year acceptance students?

Hi,

If you were still wondering, this information is actually posted on the PCOM website on the admissions page (along with other admission stats):

Georgia Campus:

Average undergraduate cumulative GPA as calculated by CASPA: 3.65 (3.36 – 3.87)

Average undergraduate science GPA as calculated by CASPA: 3.63 (3.26 – 3.87)

Archived