Savannah Class that starts Jan 2013

Sorry, I meant to send my last post as a response to this post, when did you submit your caspa, if you don't mind me asking.

I submitted my CASPA on June 17th. However, my application was a little delayed after that because I had to send updated transcripts because my anatomy 2 was not confirmed by CASPA. I sent my updated transcript on June 26th. So I would say it took about a month or so from the moment they received my complete application to now. Hope this helps!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would give some info since I just got accepted.

I submitted my CASPA 6/11/2012 and got an interview invitation on 6/26 for the July 18/19 group. I received my acceptance e-mail on July 23.

My caspa gpa is 3.54

I had 710 patient care experience, an ortho PA internship of 150hrs, about 100 hrs of shadowing, 350hrs of volunteer.

The interview session was such a great experience. I really love the faculty.

The interview is "behavioral" meaning that instead of asking you hypothetical questions they ask you questions based on past experiences. I had interview questions such as what do i consider my biggest mistake and do i regret it, describe an interpersonal conflict and how did i resolve it, knowing that this is a rigorous program what do i plan to do for fun.....questions like that. If you google it you should find plenty of practice questions.

I hope that helps some of you guys. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just browsed through the 2012 thread. From the looks of it, you can interview all the way until Nov. And you can be on the wait list just as long and you can also interview just to be on the wait list. Answered a lot of my questions...still waiting. Hopefully I get an interview email soon. Good luck to everyone. Would love to hear any updates of anyone interviewing or who has gotten calls/emails recently. (Stats are always nice to look at too) :)

This is Ridiculous!! yea I too recieved the invitation and was about to buy the plane tickets....until I too recieved that email rescinding the offer. To tell you the truth....I sent them an email rejecting them. "Whether or not the email came from you or from the CASPA automatic system....it falls on your program. This is an indication of how you run your program. I find it hard to believe that the automatic system knew specifically the dates of the interview. Therefore you can withdraw my application from further consideration".

Thank you

Archived