Savannah Class that starts Jan 2013

Is anyone planning on applying for the Jan 2013 start? If so about what time are you applying...would summer be too late? And what are your stats? I'm an undergrad that will be graduating early in December with little experience. I will have completed an internship with a PA and have 150+ shadow/volunteer hours?

Do i even have a chance?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all, when is "as early as possible for South" because i email them when they're taking application for jan 2013, the reply email said they'll start taking in application in the spring? but i figure since they start in january, should they be taking application right now? for jan 2013. also right now on caspa, there's no option to send application to south for jan 2013. can someone clarify this....thank you

That's why I decided to apply with the CASPA cycle that opened last March..I'm sure there is still a way to apply even though there is no option to send an application on CASPA. I would definitely call the admissions office so you know 100% what the correct steps would be for applying.

I applied August 2011, since I was applying to many other PA schools and thought I would just get it out of the way. Not sure if that was the smartest idea, since now I'm concerned they will lose my application! Did anyone else apply that early?

Hate to break it to you, but you need to apply again. By applying in August 2011 you applied for the class that started this week.

In past years they have accepted applications Dec-Mar and then again Apr-Aug allowing people to apply in both application cycles. But they are not listed on CASPA with a March 1st deadline, meaning that you have to apply in the 2012-2013 CASPA cycle which opens mid April. Not sure why they are doing that this year because CASPA doesn't do their first mailing until Mid June and last year South began interviewing in April.

In past years they have accepted applications Dec-Mar and then again Apr-Aug allowing people to apply in both application cycles. But they are not listed on CASPA with a March 1st deadline, meaning that you have to apply in the 2012-2013 CASPA cycle which opens mid April. Not sure why they are doing that this year because CASPA doesn't do their first mailing until Mid June and last year South began interviewing in April.

Hey dcntaz and all,

I spoke with CASPA back in december and asked why South fell off the radar for the early, Dec application cycle. CASPA said that South called at the last minute, literally three days prior to 12/1 and told them to pull it down. CASPA said that it had something to do with their Accreditation Review Cycle with ARC-PA.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey dcntaz and all,

I spoke with CASPA back in december and asked why South fell off the radar for the early, Dec application cycle. CASPA said that South called at the last minute, literally three days prior to 12/1 and told them to pull it down. CASPA said that it had something to do with their Accreditation Review Cycle with ARC-PA.

ARC website shows Tampa campus is due for a review this year, but Savannah is not due until 2014

http://www.arc-pa.com/acc_programs/index.html

Hello! I am planning on applying for the January 2013 start date at the Savannah campus. I have already applied through CASPA for the 2011-2012 cycle so I have to wait for it to open up again before I can reapply. My question is: I know I have to have new LORs but should they be from three different people or can I use the people who wrote them for the 2011-2012 cycle?

Hello! I am planning on applying for the January 2013 start date at the Savannah campus. I have already applied through CASPA for the 2011-2012 cycle so I have to wait for it to open up again before I can reapply. My question is: I know I have to have new LORs but should they be from three different people or can I use the people who wrote them for the 2011-2012 cycle?

If you are re-applying to any of the same programs you should change them. If they are completely new programs then it doesn't matter. If you need to change them, you can keep 1 or 2 the same, but make sure they write different letters.

• 1 month later...

Alright, we need to get this thread goin.

Caspa opens up next month, be ready to submit application as early as possible.

-Get on your healthcare experience hours

-I recommend having your LOR personnel fully aware of when you want them to submit to CASPA ( Early-Mid April) I have mine saved to my comp from previous uses with schools. Planning to email them to each "recommending individual" so they can quickly submit to CASPA. Such a pain to get people to do this

-Did a little looking around for open house info but all I got was, "call and make an appointment" (Which is totally fine, just stating the do not have a designated date)If work allows it, I will go tour the school later this month and report back

-Still no supplemental being required

-Pre reqs have not changed as of right now (Be aware of that 2nd biology. Not many schools, that I am applying too, require it)

Obviously I am no one of particular importance, or think that anyone cares about my opinions or feed back. I am just excited for this upcoming application cycle and want to help others like they have helped me in the past. That is all.....

• 1 month later...

JustPassing - Why do they have the 2nd Biology for a pre req? I was going to apply, but that is the only class I haven't taken and none of the other schools require it. I wish they were all on the same page with pre-reqs. It is frustrating! Oh well, I guess I will just have to look for other schools to apply too.

Archived