2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I interviewed 11/2 and a few days after I received the accepted pending open seat call. I was told not to worry as this was the first interview group being put on this list and many students are offered seats from this list. However, I am a bit confused after reading comments on here and seeing that applicants interviewed later were taken off the list and officially accepted. I have not heard from the program since that call. Can someone clarify for me how the waitlist works? Is it an ordered list based on the rolling admissions, or do they revisit and considered each applicant when a seat opens?

Just received a phone call this afternoon stating I'm "accepted pending an open seat." Interviewed this past Wednesday 11/30. The message said hopefully you were aware class is full (was not aware) but that they will still be having more interview dates. She also stated that the "pending seat" category is ranked. All very confusing but hopeful for a seat! 

I called this morning and was told that they hope to inform applicants next week (I interviewed 11/16), and that they were still trying to figure out their new emailing system. Congratulations to all who were granted admission this season; I know everyone worked hard. Also, you definitely picked the best school out there. :)

Hi! I interviewed 11/2 and a few days after I received the accepted pending open seat call. I was told not to worry as this was the first interview group being put on this list and many students are offered seats from this list. However, I am a bit confused after reading comments on here and seeing that applicants interviewed later were taken off the list and officially accepted. I have not heard from the program since that call. Can someone clarify for me how the waitlist works? Is it an ordered list based on the rolling admissions, or do they revisit and considered each applicant when a seat opens?

Unfortunately, I believe they re-evaluate each applicant when a seat opens. I also interviewed 11/02 and was 'accepted-pending open seat'. Haven't heard anything since but apparently people interviewing later are getting in. Just hang in there and give it time. I'm already strengthening my application for next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update those who are nervous that people you interviewed with heard back before you. I interviewed Nov 16 and just heard back today Dec 14. It took 4 weeks for them to get back to me but I was told I was accepted pending an open seat. I'm so excited! I know the class is full but it still feels good to know I wasn't rejected. I hope this makes some of you feel better! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone waiting and who is interviewing.

I also received a voicemail saying that I was "accepted pending an open seat!" I am definitely excited to be hearing some news since I haven't been hearing much of anything lately! However, I am wondering since others have also been "accepted pending an open seat" there must be a 'ranking' on who gets called first in the case that someone declines their seat. Does anyone know this for a fact or know whether we can inquire about our position on the pending acceptance list? Thanks!!

I was first told that the list is ranked and repeatedly told me not to worry that I was at the top. when I saw on here that people who interviewed after me were taken off the list and accepted before me, I asked again about the list and was told that there is no ranking. it's a pool of applicants that they re-evaluate each time a seat becomes available. Very confusing!

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen numerous people ask about a Facebook group for the class of 2019. Has one been created yet? I was accepted in October and still haven't heard anything about it.

I was also wondering the same thing... I was accepted in October also and have had very little contact with Bonnie since..

I have seen numerous people ask about a Facebook group for the class of 2019. Has one been created yet? I was accepted in October and still haven't heard anything about it.

I spoke with Bonnie this morning and she said it is up and running, those of you who have been accepted should receive an email invite to join the group shortly! 

I spoke with Bonnie this morning and she said it is up and running, those of you who have been accepted should receive an email invite to join the group shortly!

Have you joined the group yet? If so can you post the link here so that those of us who have been accepted can join?

Archived