2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I'll be interviewing 10/5. Best of luck to everyone else interviewing with me. Does anyone know if that class has been filled yet?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm not positive, but I'm thinking the class is not filled yet. I called to try and get an earlier interview date than mine scheduled on 10/19, and Bonnie said that 10/19 is still considered a pretty early interview date. I'm hoping that means it's still early enough to get accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not positive, but I'm thinking the class is not filled yet. I called to try and get an earlier interview date than mine scheduled on 10/19, and Bonnie said that 10/19 is still considered a pretty early interview date. I'm hoping that means it's still early enough to get accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! It would be hard to interview knowing you're just competing for an alternate spot. Hopefully the class won't be filled till late.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi all! 

First time applicant here. I submitted CASPA 07/30, verified 08/04, and submitted my secondary as well. 

I wanted to bring forward my stats and would like to hear some feedback as far as where I would stand. 

Graduation Date: April 2014
University: Oakland University (Rochester, MI)
Major: Bachelors of Health Sciences with concentration in Integrative Holistic Medicine

Pre-Req GPA: 3.65

Advanced Human Anatomy- 3.7
Advanced Human Physiology- 4.0
Physiology Lab- 3.7
Clinical Microbiology- 3.9
Clinical Microbiology Lab- 4.0
Medical Biochemistry- 3.5
Statistics- 3.0
Medical Terminology- 3.4

Overal CASPA GPA: 3.12

Patient Contact Hours: 3,900 (paid, Certified Nursing Assistant)

Healthcare Experience: Dental Office Manager, Care Management Administration

Shadowing Hours: ~70 (Trauma, Surgical Service, Rapid Response, and Neurology) 

Letters of Reccomendation: 1 from Neurology PA (I work with her on my hospital unit), 1 from a Derm/GI PA (I volunteered at her clinic in Chicago), 1 from my unit manager, and 1 from a professor (professor for my biochem/pathology courses, conducts breast cancer research at OU). 

Extra Curricular:

Pre-PA Society, Vice President (Oakland University)
Keep Detroit Beautiful, Brand Ambassador (Detroit, MI) 
Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Executive Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator
Gamma Phi Beta, Recruitment/ Chapter Advisor (Beta Chapter- University of Michigan) 

Any recommendations for me? I am currently taking a few courses just to keep up with my studies. I currently work at the hospital, volunteer, and am prepping for a mission trip in December. 

Does anyone know when they typically send invites for interviews? Do they send rejection emails? 

Please feel free to give me any tough love!

Thanks!

Hi all! 

First time applicant here. I submitted CASPA 07/30, verified 08/04, and submitted my secondary as well. 

I wanted to bring forward my stats and would like to hear some feedback as far as where I would stand. 

Graduation Date: April 2014
University: Oakland University (Rochester, MI)
Major: Bachelors of Health Sciences with concentration in Integrative Holistic Medicine

Pre-Req GPA: 3.65

Advanced Human Anatomy- 3.7
Advanced Human Physiology- 4.0
Physiology Lab- 3.7
Clinical Microbiology- 3.9
Clinical Microbiology Lab- 4.0
Medical Biochemistry- 3.5
Statistics- 3.0
Medical Terminology- 3.4

Overal CASPA GPA: 3.12

Patient Contact Hours: 3,900 (paid, Certified Nursing Assistant)

Healthcare Experience: Dental Office Manager, Care Management Administration

Shadowing Hours: ~70 (Trauma, Surgical Service, Rapid Response, and Neurology) 

Letters of Reccomendation: 1 from Neurology PA (I work with her on my hospital unit), 1 from a Derm/GI PA (I volunteered at her clinic in Chicago), 1 from my unit manager, and 1 from a professor (professor for my biochem/pathology courses, conducts breast cancer research at OU). 

Extra Curricular:

Pre-PA Society, Vice President (Oakland University)
Keep Detroit Beautiful, Brand Ambassador (Detroit, MI) 
Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, Executive Board Member, Volunteer Coordinator
Gamma Phi Beta, Recruitment/ Chapter Advisor (Beta Chapter- University of Michigan) 

Any recommendations for me? I am currently taking a few courses just to keep up with my studies. I currently work at the hospital, volunteer, and am prepping for a mission trip in December. 

Does anyone know when they typically send invites for interviews? Do they send rejection emails? 

Please feel free to give me any tough love!

Thanks!

It is hard to say without knowing other aspects of your application such as sGPA, GPA trends, etc. But I know there cGPA averages are a lot higher than yours (info is posted on the website). Also, they use rolling admissions and have already offered a lot of II's. Might be worth referring to last-years thread to see where your stats/timing of application fall for the deadline and acceptance chances.

Best regards,

oMpls

Archived