2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whelp... I'm out. Just got my email this afternoon. Out of curiosity though... My email mentioned the average gpa being 3.5... I'm wondering if everyone got the same form letter or if this is a sly way of telling me my gpa was too low. Can anyone confirm?? The best of luck to the rest of you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whelp... I'm out. Just got my email this afternoon. Out of curiosity though... My email mentioned the average gpa being 3.5... I'm wondering if everyone got the same form letter or if this is a sly way of telling me my gpa was too low. Can anyone confirm?? The best of luck to the rest of you!!

Just got the same e-mail! :)

Just got the same email.

I just got my rejection email today and I'm just confused. Maybe it's the way the worded it, but it sounded so dismissive. To tell a person their application is "not competitive" and using the average GPA as an example of how superior the accepted students are.... and then have it be below what I have? It's just annoying.  Honestly, that's the weirdest stat to use as a benchmark for rejection letters. Last year, my rejection from LaX used the GPA of 3.97, or something ridic like that. Sorry, just venting.

Is it too early to ask for feedback on your application? 

I received the same rejection email. "Your application is not competitive within the strong applicant pool."

However honest, I agree it sounded dismissive and almost rude considering the time/money/effort it takes to apply to these programs. Best of luck to everyone else!

Haha yeah it was pretty dismissive so I guess I am glad to hear it was a form letter and not directed just at me. I am also wondering if the "self identified" areas for improvement is secret code for "we don't really plan on giving feedback". And agreed about the gpa and hard work... While my gpa IS lower than the their average... My application was very strong in HCE and service to the underserved (you know... The areas they stress are important to their philosophy).

I got the same email :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got the exact same email rejection today so I am wondering if it is a generic response because my cum is higher than a 3.5

Mine too. Mine is at least 3.6 so it's pretty dismissive. Guess they should rewrite their rejection letter if it's generic lol. But that somehow shows they don't honor those who worked hard for their hours and experience at all. Numbers aren't everything!!!!

Congrats! I'm glad at least one of us got some decent news :)

Thank you! Now if only I could figure out where I'm on the list. This school is very competitive so don't feel discouraged. This is my second time applying. Apply again next year. And get lots of hours!

Archived