2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to admissions and they said they are sending the first round of interview, and if you did not get an interview email yet, your application is still being considered. They will will send the second round of interview emails by the end of October. They also usually have third round of interviews. Good luck everyone. 

I talked to admissions and they said they are sending the first round of interview, and if you did not get an interview email yet, your application is still being considered. They will will send the second round of interview emails by the end of October. They also usually have third round of interviews. Good luck everyone. 

Did they already complete sending out the first round of invites or it's still in progress? 

Thanks for checking up on that! We are all eager and chomping at the bit 

Current student here- Yes, switching to on-campus interviews. I think this will be to your benefit for the program to see who you are in person. Also for you to see if this place is a good fit (hopefully!) or not. All the faculty & staff are super friendly and laid back. Our new program director is fabulous! She has already made some great changes and continues to make the program more innovative with a strong medical curriculum to over prepare you for the PANCE.

International- Someone asked about this. There are several opportunities. First, there is a summer Master's project experience as an option as part of your thesis paper. Nicaragua has been the destination for several years. Second, there are international rotation opportunities. Destination vary based on availability. This would be a good topic to bring up during your interview!

Ask questions, smile, breath, good luck with the application process! I know the waiting sucks, but keeping working hard. It is worth it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs (Bethel University and UW-La Crosse). My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59 

Science GPA: 3.35 (I know this is low) I am currently taking an anatomy class but do not think even if I do well my GPA will be significantly impacted

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care Experience:1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100 (I am currently adding to my shadowing experience as well)

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( This is my first time applying and I am afraid I will not get into any of the schools I applied for. 

Hi Everyone,

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs (Bethel University and UW-La Crosse). My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59

Science GPA: 3.35 (I know this is low) I am currently taking an anatomy class but do not think even if I do well my GPA will be significantly impacted

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care Experience:1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100 (I am currently adding to my shadowing experience as well)

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( This is my first time applying and I am afraid I will not get into any of the schools I applied for.

So I did get an interview this year without the best gpa or gre scores. But I didn't last year. I really worked on my experience with underserved populations this year and maybe that helped. Keep your head up because I know there will be more interview dates this year; otherwise apply again next year. Many have to apply twice. Honestly, this school is fantastic but also very competitive, so even the interviewees have to crush it. Good luck to you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived