2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird. My email DID NOT mention GPA.

It said quote: "As you are aware, we receive significantly more applications than we have seats to offer, creating an enormous challenge for our admissions committee in making final decisions. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in the incoming class of the Augsburg College Physician Assistant Program for the 2016-2017 admissions cycle." End quote.

It said other things, but basically just thanking me for my time and wishing me luck. I emailed back asking about alternate lists because the email didn't mention anything about it.

Did anyone else get an email like this?

I got it on 10/18 at 3:17 pm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, 

Do you guys happen to know if Augsburg College just requires Physiology 1 or do they require the second portion as well. On the website, it says a full course of physiology that's worth 4 credits. I am not sure if a full course means both semesters because that would total 8 credits. 

Hello All, 

Do you guys happen to know if Augsburg College just requires Physiology 1 or do they require the second portion as well. On the website, it says a full course of physiology that's worth 4 credits. I am not sure if a full course means both semesters because that would total 8 credits. 

I only took one semester of physiology and had an interview at Augsburg two weeks ago. My class was 5 credits.

Every undergrad will have different names for their classes and different formats. Just make sure that the credit amount and the material is right and you should be good to go.

Whelp... I'm out. Just got my email this afternoon. Out of curiosity though... My email mentioned the average gpa being 3.5... I'm wondering if everyone got the same form letter or if this is a sly way of telling me my gpa was too low. Can anyone confirm?? The best of luck to the rest of you!!

I got the same email, which is weird because i held a 3.5, had over 10,000 hours total of patient care, also held research experience, and i am a current augsburg student.... so i think at some point they just grab names out of a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interviewed 10/7, got a call on Sunday night and email for acceptance the next day. They give you 7 days to respond.

My stats:

Senior for undergrad, gpa 3.8, science gpa 3.9, nursing home volunteer, 500+ hours of clinical experience.

Goodluck to everyone!

Congratulations of your acceptance! Can you tell me anything about the interview day? Format/activities/ect?

• 3 weeks later...

Whelp... I'm out. Just got my email this afternoon. Out of curiosity though... My email mentioned the average gpa being 3.5... I'm wondering if everyone got the same form letter or if this is a sly way of telling me my gpa was too low. Can anyone confirm?? The best of luck to the rest of you!!

I got the same email, which is weird because i held a 3.5, had over 10,000 hours total of patient care, also held research experience, and i am a current augsburg student.... so i think at some point they just grab names out of a hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have at least a 3.8 and above average on all their stats and got the same rejection letter. It told me that I was not a competitive applicant- funny since I've been accepted to 2 schools with a better ranking! I was kind of outraged at their email as it was not very kindly worded. 

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I was rejected- yes we all received the same letter.

I'm currently finishing my undergrad AT augsburg, and every other person I know that applied to Augsburg, that currently goes here, ALSO got rejected, not even an interview. This was the first year they were supposed to give priority to Augsburg students...

has anyone else on this forum been rejected after being an alumni?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a current student. Just fyi, these forums are public so be careful what you post. The admission team is able to view them. There are usually over a thousand applicants and thirty spots. 

Does the admissions team really have the time to go onto this forum and read these posts? And if so, what would they do about it- attach the comments to your application? 

A forum is by definition a place to exchange ideas and opinions. I sincerely hope that the Augsburg program is open to differing opinions and student concerns. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone tried to get any specific feedback yet on their application last cycle? I'm asking regardless despite the rejection letter making it sound like the don't give it... but it's hard to when is a good time, you know? Ideas????

I'm wondering the same thing. It looks like they are very GPA specific. Now I am doubting if I should spend the money to apply this year. 

Archived