2016-2017 Application cycle

Hi Everyone, 

My application was submitted September 7th, and I have only received the confirmation email. I am really worried because I have unfortunately already received two rejections from other programs (Bethel University and UW-La Crosse). My stats are as follows:

GPA: 3.59 

Science GPA: 3.35 (I know this is low) I am currently taking an anatomy class but do not think even if I do well my GPA will be significantly impacted

Verbal GRE: 157

Quantitative GRE: 160

Writing GRE: 4.5

Hours of Patient Care Experience:1700

Hours of Shadowing: 100 (I am currently adding to my shadowing experience as well)

Is it completely hopeless to wait for an email about an interview? Especially with such a low science GPA. I also feel like I submitted 3 weeks ago, and if I was going to get an interview invite I feel as though I would have gotten it already :( This is my first time applying and I am afraid I will not get into any of the schools I applied for. 

Hey! Just so you know- the reason you might not get an interview is because the cut off date for Augsburg, was August 1st, everything including supplemental had to be submitted and verified by that date

Hope you get additional interview invites from other schools :( 

I'm still waiting myself!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone else gotten interview invites for more dates???

I'm chomping at the bit here...

I'm a current auggie (senior)..... and hoping I get an invited...

gpa is competitive... 7,000+ of patient care experience as an EMT, and surgical technologist...

Ah!

Freaking out over here!

You seem like a fantastic candidate. I don't know why you wouldn't get an interview. I just don't think they've set up a second date yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if being on the alternate list last year helps the chance for admittance this year? I was on the alternate last year and made it through the phone interview and on campus meet and greet but I wasnt offered a seat. This year so far I have only received my CASPA and Augsburg application verification emails. Any feed back is appreciated. Thanks everyone and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good luck to everyone who is having an interview on Friday....If you can, please share your experience with the interview, it will be appreciated.

There are 2 group (3 persons) interviews, one with 2 faculty member and other one is with one faculty and one doctor or pa from the area. The interview process is very relaxed, it's about getting to know you. Good luck if you are interviewing here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

has anyone else heard back? I know someone who was invited to interview November 4th. I am anxiously waiting, haven't got rejected or heard anything for that matter! I've been invited to interview at three other schools, but Augsburg was definitely my top choice so I am bummed!

I'm super bummed too. I haven't heard anything either. I'm thinking if they already have another interview date (which they said in my interview was only scheduled if absolutely needed) then I may be waitlisted at this point. I'm calling at the two week mark if I don't hear anything [emoji29]

Interviewed 10/7, got a call on Sunday night and email for acceptance the next day. They give you 7 days to respond.

My stats:

Senior for undergrad, gpa 3.8, science gpa 3.9, nursing home volunteer, 500+ hours of clinical experience.

Goodluck to everyone!

For rejections- i got an email. Unfortunately.

Good luck to everyone else!

My stats were 3.5 Gpa, 3.46sGPA, 10,000 hrs of patient care working in surgery as well as an EMT , 500+of volunteer,

not really sure why i got rejected, but it's a bummer.

Really sorry to hear! Good luck to you. I think the majority of us are just still in limbo so maybe it's better to know early!

Archived