2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I got an interview at UF (super excited) and I scheduled it for October 31st-November 1st. I was wondering if anyone had already interviewed there and could share some insight on what the first day is like as well as the 3 individual interviews on the second day. Or if anyone has any tips, any advice is welcome!

Hey everyone! I got an interview at UF (super excited) and I scheduled it for October 31st-November 1st. I was wondering if anyone had already interviewed there and could share some insight on what the first day is like as well as the 3 individual interviews on the second day. Or if anyone has any tips, any advice is welcome!

Congratulations on your interview! Good Luck!  If you don't mind, could you share your application timeline? Waiting really is the hardest part (as I'm sure you know), and any idea of when to expect to hear something would really help. Thanks in advance!

Congratulations on your interview! Good Luck!  If you don't mind, could you share your application timeline? Waiting really is the hardest part (as I'm sure you know), and any idea of when to expect to hear something would really help. Thanks in advance!

CASPA Submitted:  7/25/16

Forwarded for Second level Evaluation:  8/3/16

Interview invite: 9/15/16

Interview date: 10/31/16-11/1//16

Acceptance: TBD

And according to Karen all decisions regarding admissions will be completed by the holidays.. 

got the call yesterday with an interview invite on Nov 28/29!

STOKED  because I thought it was way too late in the game and was ready to accept that I was probably getting rejected because I hadn't heard anything since 8/4 with second level review email.

HOWEVER. I am so excited for this opportunity!!! not sure if this is the last interview date or not. i assume there is still at least 1 or 2 in December before final decisions go out?

got the call yesterday with an interview invite on Nov 28/29!

STOKED  because I thought it was way too late in the game and was ready to accept that I was probably getting rejected because I hadn't heard anything since 8/4 with second level review email.

HOWEVER. I am so excited for this opportunity!!! not sure if this is the last interview date or not. i assume there is still at least 1 or 2 in December before final decisions go out?

I think that's the last interview date. Traditionally, the last interviews are the week after Thanksgiving and with an earlier Thanksgiving, the interviews would fall right at the end of November.

Now before anyone goes catastrophizing and thinking they won't get a call, this is probably the first wave of calls and I sincerely doubt the day is completely full. Also, interviewees will cancel, people will need their dates changed, etc. and other people will get called. Realistically, yes, spots are probably getting more limited, but calls will still go out for the next month or so.

Quick tip for those flying in for this date. Since it's so close to thanksgiving, be creative with your flights. Jacksonville, Daytona, Saint Augustine, Orlando Intl and Sanford (Orlando likes tolls, so make sure the difference in fares survives them, they are high!), even Tampa (~2 hr drive) are well within relatively comfortable driving distance, and are likely much cheaper than GNV. The airport at GNV is great and very easy in and out, but can be expensive.

All the best!

For those that have already received an interview: how long did it take between the phone call invite and the email with more details about the interview? I got a call for an interview (yay!) about a week and a half ago, and still no email. Didn't want to contact them about it and jump the gun.

For those that have already received an interview: how long did it take between the phone call invite and the email with more details about the interview? I got a call for an interview (yay!) about a week and a half ago, and still no email. Didn't want to contact them about it and jump the gun.

I received the email the following day. 

I got a call on Friday 9/30 and was left a voicemail to call Karen back but was at work (strict no cell phone policy). By the time I got out of work the office was closed so I called Monday morning 10/3 and left a voicemail and haven't heard anything back, does anyone know the best way to get in touch with Karen or someone else from the admissions office? (I called again this morning 10/4 and left a voicemail again). I don't want to be annoying by calling every day but i'm anxious to hear from them. 

Welp, that's a bummer. Got my official rejection this morning. Congrats to those already accepted, and best of luck to those waiting to interview or hear back!!

CASPA submitted: 6/14/16

First level review email: 6/27/16

Rejection: 10/10/16

Sorry about the news. How did you find out? Phone, email or mail?

Hi all!

I received an email 7/6 stating my application was received and forwarded to the admissions committee for review, but haven't heard anything since... Any idea what this means? Or if I should follow up with them? I know a lot of programs do not like when people contact them for status updates because they are so busy. Just wondering if anyone had any insight. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! I will be a first-year next month and want to wish you all the best of luck! I was in your shoes this time last year. Here is a rough timeline of my application process with UF:

May 2015 - CASPA application and UF supplemental application submitted

May 27, 2015 - Received e-mail verification that UF received application and payment

June 29, 2015 - Received 1st e-mail from UF stating they have received my application materials

August 8, 2015 - Received 2nd e-mail that UF has received all application materials & forwarded application to the Admissions Committee for initial review

August 14, 2015 - Received e-mail that UF has forwarded my application for a second level round of review

September 25, 2015 - Received the call from UF for an interview offer!

October 5 & October 6, 2015 - 2 day interview process

October 28, 2015 (2:57pm) - Received a phone call from UF with an acceptance offer!

So as you can see, this process is a lot of hurry up and wait. From my understanding, your applications will go through an initial screening to first determine if you meet all requirements or are competitive and then will undergo a second level round of review to determine if you will receive an interview offer or not. I hope this helps but it's still EARLY in this year's cycle so relax as best you can and breathe as best you can.

Feel free to ask anything that comes to mind. I also have a blog posted below where I detail the general CASPA application process to answer any questions applicants may have. Again, best of luck!

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived