2016-2017 application cycle

Just wanted to pop in and wish those who are interviewing/setting up interviews the best of luck. The only advice you need is: 

BE. YOUR. SELF. (and be excited) -- You don't need to impress anyone, and the faculty are not looking to be impressed. You've met the qualifications on paper and now your personality and how you carry yourself in group and solo conversations are what counts. Talk about your favorite beer, talk about being a summer camp counselor, talk about your failures in life, talk about your traveling experiences and what you've taken from those moments and how they make you who you are today in that moment, in that office with whomever you are interviewing with. 

UF PA was such an amazing experience, sometimes I wish I was still a student :P and then I realize that now we get paid to study/practice and that's actually much better lol. But I'm proud to be a GatorPA and that is something that sticks with you for life. 

Go Gators

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who got interviews for this cycle, how much HCE did you have by the time of applying? I will have over 1,000 when I apply for the next cycle, 2018 and a little over 3,000 by matriculation. My HCE is my biggest downfall I would say. Thank you 

Just wanted to pop in and wish those who are interviewing/setting up interviews the best of luck. The only advice you need is: 

BE. YOUR. SELF. (and be excited) -- You don't need to impress anyone, and the faculty are not looking to be impressed. You've met the qualifications on paper and now your personality and how you carry yourself in group and solo conversations are what counts. Talk about your favorite beer, talk about being a summer camp counselor, talk about your failures in life, talk about your traveling experiences and what you've taken from those moments and how they make you who you are today in that moment, in that office with whomever you are interviewing with. 

UF PA was such an amazing experience, sometimes I wish I was still a student :P and then I realize that now we get paid to study/practice and that's actually much better lol. But I'm proud to be a GatorPA and that is something that sticks with you for life. 

Go Gators

Couldn't have said it any better!

Yep, just enjoy the opportunity to have a good conversation. Of course, you might be asked some of the "normal" interview questions. Answer them and make them another opportunity to discuss something interesting about being a PA or your experiences, etc.

Oh and enjoy being at UF and in the GNV. I too miss the place.

@LDQ - I am sure that every school is different but UF will "extrapolate" your hours by making the assumption that you will continue doing what you are doing at the time of the application all the way through the start of school. So, it's no big deal if you don't have the hours when you apply as long as if you keep going you would have them by the time school starts.

I got the call earlier today for my acceptance!! By far the best interview experience I've been to and I'm super excited to be a Gator!! Good luck to everyone applying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my acceptance call today as well! Congrats! Looks like we're going to be classmates! GO GATORS! Good luck to everyone else applying!

Anyone submit their application end of July/1st of Aug?  CASPA verified 28 July and I got an email stating they received my application and to send any grades of courses being completed, etc.  However, I haven't received an email stating the primary review.  I was just wondering if any one else has gotten anything that has submitted around this time frame ( I know its close to when I submitted).  Also, I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how the 01 Aug early deadline worked.  Thanks for your help

hey, I got verified july 11 and haven't heard of anything yet. hows your app coming along?

Haven't heard anything yet. I updated my summer grades via email and got a response thanking me, but that's it.

What email did you use for updating your grades? And did you also update your CASPA. I'm looking to send an update soon and want to know how to go about it. 

Also, verified July 8th by UF and haven't heard back yet either. 

I just used the email that I used for CASPA.  Per the admissions office, just an email with the course number, name, and the grade is enough.  I, however, just scanned a copy of my final grades printed from my school.  This was fine, and they said they do not need an official copy unless specifically requested.  They will let you know if they need anything else.  Yes, I did update the grades in CASPA as well. 

I submitted my application on 7/26 to CASPA and was verified on 8/1. I received the email stating my application had been forwarded for review on 8/8. Congratulations to all those already accepted and I hope to hear news soon!

I'm in the same boat.  CASPA verified Jul 29 and received a confirmation email/email stating application forwarded on 01 Aug.

Good luck to all of those interviewing in the coming weeks! The interview process was as low stress as possible! Be yourself, prepared to see the beautiful campus and get a feel for what it would be like to be a UF-PA. I would definitely recommend going to the dinner, it was a great chance to meet current students and head their thoughts on the program. Good luck everyone!

I was wondering if anyone who was forwarded to the Admissions Committee in early August has gotten the secondary email? I know this is the longest step, but it's been over 6 weeks and wanted to make sure that I'm not the only person who is still waiting

CASPA Submitted - 7/23/16

CASPA Verified - 8/1/16

UF ADCOM - 8/8/16

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I was wondering if anyone who was forwarded to the Admissions Committee in early August has gotten the secondary email? I know this is the longest step, but it's been over 6 weeks and wanted to make sure that I'm not the only person who is still waiting

CASPA Submitted - 7/23/16

CASPA Verified - 8/1/16

UF ADCOM - 8/8/16

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Caspa verified: 7/28

Initial email: 8/01

Emailed Updated summer grades to uf: ~8/9 ( got a reply the next day)

No further emails. Still early in the process, don't worry too much (hard, I know).

I wouldn't put too much weight into whether or not you get the "second level" email. Unless I have grossly mistaken the process, the "first level review" simply separates those who are qualified from those who aren't.You can apply to UF with a 1.0 GPA and a 260 GRE (lowest possible) with no pre-reqs finished, etc. CASPA will gladly take your money. BUT you won't make it to the second level interview process where the admissions advisor reviews your application. HOWEVER, whether or not you receive the second level email, you advance to the second level if you have met all of the requirements for admission. So the equation is this: You pay CASPA + You meet requirements = You get second level review.  If in doubt about whether you meet minimum requirements, check their website. IF you get an interview invite, it will be by telephone. And don't worry, if you don't take the call they will leave a message and you can call them back. I believe there are seven interview sessions this year and only two have taken place There is still plenty of time to hear from UF. Good luck with the wait. It's hard.

Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has heard about any acceptances/responses for people who interviewed at UF last week?

I am sorry to be a pest, as we all know the waiting game is the worst part but I was just curious to see if anyone has heard news from the second round of interviews yet.

Thank you so much!

Did you attend last week?

Archived