2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to make sure, I hope that those from out of state don't feel like they are at a disadvantage. Being from Florida does not confer any advantage that I know of.

I was living in Colorado when I applied.

Hang in there everyone, plenty of interview days are still to come and lots of spots are yet to be filled. It's a long, wild ride, but very worth it in the end!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

No, I am actually from Florida and went to UF for undergrad! Was trying to see if out of staters were notified of their interviews in advanced to make traveling arrangements. My CASPA was verified June 9th so I am just a tad worried. Thank you for your reassurance though! Waiting is really the hardest part!

To answer your question... out of staters and out of towners get more notice than those living in Gainesville. They realize that some need to make transportation and/or housing plans. The advantage to being local is that if there is a last minute cancellation you might just get a call earlier. There is no hard/fast scientific way to calculate how or why some get the call before others. Don't read anything into and certainly don't try to predict (positively or negatively) your chances based on the experience of others. Good luck

Anyone submit their application end of July/1st of Aug?  CASPA verified 28 July and I got an email stating they received my application and to send any grades of courses being completed, etc.  However, I haven't received an email stating the primary review.  I was just wondering if any one else has gotten anything that has submitted around this time frame ( I know its close to when I submitted).  Also, I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how the 01 Aug early deadline worked.  Thanks for your help

Anyone submit their application end of July/1st of Aug?  CASPA verified 28 July and I got an email stating they received my application and to send any grades of courses being completed, etc.  However, I haven't received an email stating the primary review.  I was just wondering if any one else has gotten anything that has submitted around this time frame ( I know its close to when I submitted).  Also, I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how the 01 Aug early deadline worked.  Thanks for your help

I was verified August 1st and received the email saying my application was received and forwarded to the admissions committee on August 8th. I believe the email you got in the initial email. It seems it takes about 6 weeks after that to hear about the second round review. And no idea how the August 1st early deadline works. 

Question....I sent my Caspa application to UF on 06/20. I got the initial review email stating all my stuff had been received and will be forwarded to the admissions committee on 06/27. I have yet to receive a second email. On Monday it will be 8 weeks since the first email and most people received a second email about six weeks after the initial. Is it safe to say I've been rejected? When would I hear from the school if I was?

As has been mentioned previously, you can't read anything into the process. On occasion they will outright reject people early and you will get an email saying so. Until you get such an email, consider yourself still in the running. They haven't even started interviews yet so to feel rejected this early (without notification) is extremely premature.

Hi guys, I had one outstanding course when I applied in June (Medical Terminology), which I will be taking in Oct. It finishes in December which is the deadline for UF's prereqs, so I was wondering when I should update them. Do I update them right now with an official transcript so that they know my class in progress? or do I wait until the end of the semester and update them then in December?

Thank you in advance!

They do not need an official transcript.  I had a prereq in progress over the summer while I submitted and they said just an email with the grades was fine.  I sent them a unofficial copy just to be safe and it satisfied.  I asked and they said they do not need official transcripts unless they specifically ask you.  So I would just email them to let them know it's in progress and you will finish in Dec. 

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing this upcoming 8/29-8/31. I'll have the pleasure of meeting most of you at the dinner on Monday night. The interview process at UF is such a pleasant experience and I'm sure all of you will love it. Relax and enjoy the process! I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. 

Cheers!

Jigglytofu... did you put the unfinished course on your CASPA application as Pending? If you did not include it at all, you should send them an email with an update so they know that you are taking it and will finish it in time. If you put on your original caspa and listed it as pending, then don't worry about it.

Archived