2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my session last week was the last interview

That's what i figured, but I read that they sometimes conduct late interview sessions in rare cases. Whatever the scenario, I've got plan B and C! I'll definitely keep my head up, and continue in the pursuit of my goals no matter what. Congrats again to everyone, and good luck to those of you who've interviewed and are awaiting a decision. Although we may be competing for the same seats, we're all in this together! Cheers

Congratulations to those who have been accepted and those who have been wait listed. This is an INCREDIBLY competitive process and yes, even you wait listers should be proud. For those who didn't make the cut, please keep in mind that not making it in doesn't mean you shouldn't be a PA or that you did horribly. The fact that you were interviewed shows how strong of a candidate you are.

I can't stress how tough it has become to get into PA school, especially the older programs like UF. If you don't make it in this year and want to reapply, do contact the program in a few months and see what you can do to make yourself a stronger candidate. It does matter and it does make a difference the next time around. Ask around and you will find out how a few improvements and a year of experience and growth, can make a difference in this process, if not at UF, somewhere else.

Keep pushing. The goal is to become a PA and its well worth the fight.

All the best!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit of a late reply, but I was pulled from the weight list sometime in late March to mid April. I believe someone was informed as late as one to two months before our program started (Mid-June). It's possible, but it's hard to tell if the wait list will move at all.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who got accepted had a science gpa under 3.4?

If you look on the website, the minimum gpa of accepted students from 2015 was 3.01 overall and 2.74 science. This is the most recent year they have posted, but from this it would seem the answer is yes

• 2 months later...

Archived