2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I will be a first-year next month and want to wish you all the best of luck! I was in your shoes this time last year. Here is a rough timeline of my application process with UF:

May 2015 - CASPA application and UF supplemental application submitted

May 27, 2015 - Received e-mail verification that UF received application and payment

June 29, 2015 - Received 1st e-mail from UF stating they have received my application materials

August 8, 2015 - Received 2nd e-mail that UF has received all application materials & forwarded application to the Admissions Committee for initial review

August 14, 2015 - Received e-mail that UF has forwarded my application for a second level round of review

September 25, 2015 - Received the call from UF for an interview offer!

October 5 & October 6, 2015 - 2 day interview process

October 28, 2015 (2:57pm) - Received a phone call from UF with an acceptance offer!

So as you can see, this process is a lot of hurry up and wait. From my understanding, your applications will go through an initial screening to first determine if you meet all requirements or are competitive and then will undergo a second level round of review to determine if you will receive an interview offer or not. I hope this helps but it's still EARLY in this year's cycle so relax as best you can and breathe as best you can.

Feel free to ask anything that comes to mind. I also have a blog posted below where I detail the general CASPA application process to answer any questions applicants may have. Again, best of luck!

Hello everyone! I will be a first-year next month and want to wish you all the best of luck! I was in your shoes this time last year. Here is a rough timeline of my application process with UF:

May 2015 - CASPA application and UF supplemental application submitted

May 27, 2015 - Received e-mail verification that UF received application and payment

June 29, 2015 - Received 1st e-mail from UF stating they have received my application materials

August 8, 2015 - Received 2nd e-mail that UF has received all application materials & forwarded application to the Admissions Committee for initial review

August 14, 2015 - Received e-mail that UF has forwarded my application for a second level round of review

September 25, 2015 - Received the call from UF for an interview offer!

October 5 & October 6, 2015 - 2 day interview process

October 28, 2015 (2:57pm) - Received a phone call from UF with an acceptance offer!

So as you can see, this process is a lot of hurry up and wait. From my understanding, your applications will go through an initial screening to first determine if you meet all requirements or are competitive and then will undergo a second level round of review to determine if you will receive an interview offer or not. I hope this helps but it's still EARLY in this year's cycle so relax as best you can and breathe as best you can.

Feel free to ask anything that comes to mind. I also have a blog posted below where I detail the general CASPA application process to answer any questions applicants may have. Again, best of luck!

Thanks for the information. I applied extremely early this year.

May 16, 2016 - Sent CASPA verified application along with GRE score

May 17, 2016 - Received email verification from UF about receiving my material, which is being forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review

May 24, 2016 - Admissions committee completed initial review and forwarded to second level evaluation. Call for interview next.

Thanks for the information. I applied extremely early this year.

May 16, 2016 - Sent CASPA verified application along with GRE score

May 17, 2016 - Received email verification from UF about receiving my material, which is being forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review

May 24, 2016 - Admissions committee completed initial review and forwarded to second level evaluation. Call for interview next.

Wow!  that was super quick.  I haven't heard anything and my app was verified 5/20....I guess I'll shoot them an email.

Wow!  that was super quick.  I haven't heard anything and my app was verified 5/20....I guess I'll shoot them an email.

My app was verified 5/23 (completed 5/18, slackers) and I just got an e-mail from UF today letting me know my application materials had been received. You'll probably hear from them by the week's end.

My app was verified 5/23 (completed 5/18, slackers) and I just got an e-mail from UF today letting me know my application materials had been received. You'll probably hear from them by the week's end.

I got mine yesterday.  Hopefully I get forwarded to phase 2

Hey guys! Just a quick question about the activities portion of the supplemental app. It says to list a complete history of activities done since graduation but only allows you to put 4 activities. I have had more than just 4 experiences so I am not sure what to do? Any suggestions??

Hey guys! Just a quick question about the activities portion of the supplemental app. It says to list a complete history of activities done since graduation but only allows you to put 4 activities. I have had more than just 4 experiences so I am not sure what to do? Any suggestions??

List the most pertinent ones?

Our CASPA application was a bit different two years ago. I would list the ones that show off your healthcare experience/interest as well as highlight your leadership abilities. If you still are able to load your CV like we were, they will be getting a list of your post-graduate activities.

Wish I could have gotten on here earlier. Thanks for starting this year's thread. I know we have current students, recent graduates (as in this past weekend, congratulations!) and even a few alumni that lurk on this page, so please post any and all questions. Between all of us, we will give you more answers than you will know what to do with.

I think most of us will say that UF is a great program. It's definitely not perfect, but it prepares you well in a very supportive environment and has a breadth of instruction and rotations that cannot be beat. You will be prepared to be an awesome Gator PA. I know that one year out, I still feel this way. I'm still learning a ton, but I have a great foundation to build on. Most of the time, it's more a, "I was taught that, why did I forget it!" instead of, "I've never heard that before..."

Hey guys! Submitted my application on 6/6, waiting for my reply email. Has anyone visited the campus before?

All the best of luck!

What would you like to know about the UF campus? It's a great mix of big school in a college town, with plenty to do, but not so much that you are constantly distracted from studying. The program is smaller and located on the hospital campus, so you get to know everyone pretty quickly and definitely don't feel lost in the UF crowd.

Archived