2016-2017 Application cycle

So, prior to the invitations rolling out, just a quick PSA:

For those of you who do not get an invite this year, do not give up! Most people who apply do not get accepted their first year and this is not at all due to being a poor candidate. After talking to the staff here, there are hundreds of great applicants and most are separated only by a few points.

Also, the University of Utah is opening a satellite program (same curriculum and everything) at Dixie State University in southern Utah with a matriculating class in 2018, this means for next 2017 CASPA submissions, there will be an extra 16 seats available! Bonus: You don't have to deal with the snow.

May the odds be ever in your favor. Good luck!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got an e-mail saying that I am on the "waitlist to interview" too. At least it's not a rejection :) I'm excited to see how the process unfolds. Is it true that there are only 2 interview dates for candidates? It seemed that way in the e-mail and I'm not familiar with how the U of U structures their interviews. 

I just got an e-mail saying that I am on the "waitlist to interview" too. At least it's not a rejection :) I'm excited to see how the process unfolds. Is it true that there are only 2 interview dates for candidates? It seemed that way in the e-mail and I'm not familiar with how the U of U structures their interviews. 

Yes, there are 2 dates for interviews, each one is two days long.

Rejected.. congrats to those who got an invite though! I wonder what their cut off was? I'm an out of state applicant with a 3.45 overall and a 3.69 science GPA with 5000 hours of emt. Any one else in similar situation?

Hi NoNameToUse,

I was rejected as well, out of state and had a 3.6 overall 3.75 science and 4000+ of patient care hours. I'm not really sure why we didn't at least get interviews. Must have been a really really great pool of applicants to choose from.

Hi NoNameToUse,

I was rejected as well, out of state and had a 3.6 overall 3.75 science and 4000+ of patient care hours. I'm not really sure why we didn't at least get interviews. Must have been a really really great pool of applicants to choose from.

Yeah I bet it was. Also, they take less out of state students as well. Oh well, what other programs have you applied to?

Yeah I bet it was. Also, they take less out of state students as well. Oh well, what other programs have you applied to?

Campbell, Chapman, Duke, MEDEX, Dominican (California), Baylor, GWU, Loma Linda, Colorado, Samuel Merritt, Stanford and Western......havent gotten an invite yet.....not looking too optimistic for me cycle at this point :/ What about you?

Archived