2016-2017 Application cycle

What part of Washington Paige? I lived in Washington for many years and went through paramedic school in Spokane. And yes, my bachelors degree was still in progress and I got an early acceptance from them. I also know of other students who were still finishing their degree and was admitted, one even finished just prior to the start of the summer semester. So don't let that concern you... And yes, students will be available during the interview process and I plan on making myself available.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@abrown9983- thank you for your reply! that makes my nerves calm down a little knowing that. I hear such great things about this program and I am really hoping I get an interview. I lived in Mill Creek, WA for 3 years, which is 20 minutes north of Seattle right below Everett. I enjoyed my time up there, but it is very expensive to live there. Currently, I live in Camas, Washington which is east of Vancouver, Washington and right above Portland, Oregon. I have visited Spokane before and it is a very beautiful area and everyone was extremely nice.

Yup, I know Mill creek. I almost worked as a firefighter there. Camas is a cool location as well. Glad I could help calm the nerves a little bit at least. It really is an awesome program, I had many choices in elite schools to attend and after visiting the University of Utah I knew that it was the school I wanted to go to. Best of luck to you in the application process, as well as in your last few semesters of undergrad.

I was lucky enough to get offers from most schools I applied to. I was really deciding between Duke and U of U due to their focus on under served communities, early clinical exposure, length the program has been running, and reputations. I decided on the U due to conversations I had with 1st and 2nd year students as well as the program being on the West coast which is where my family and my fiance's family reside although both programs are beyond excellent. With the University of Utah you really get the support of your whole class, the entire faculty, and senior classmates--I have never felt as supported as I do in this program.

That sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I currently work in an intercity hospital, but we see a high population of underserved individuals and homelessness and it really has driven me towards going further into working with this population in health care. It is good to hear that the whole class is supportive of one another and not competitive, because in the end we are all going to be PAs and we want everyone to succeed. So our communities can become better in regards to healthcare.

Yes I am very excited for October to find out! it seems so far away but I know it will come quickly. I applied very late in the game, so I am hoping I still have a chance (crossing my fingers).

I submitted my application on July 31st last year so don't sweat it. It's not rolling admissions so as long as you get CASPA verified and have your supplemental application done before the next cutoff, you will be fine!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived