2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Err01 I was about to ask the same question. and @medicfourlife thank you for answering. F/u question, is the master thesis individual or you have a group of 1 or 2? 

russ

So I just spoke to a faculty member and it appears that there are a few possible curriculum scheduling changes coming down the pipe so unfortunately until those are settled, there is no way to determine that. You will likely be getting updates early on in the program. Sorry!

• 4 months later...

Hi! 

I know this is an old thread but for those of you who did really well on the supplemental, did you prepare for it ahead of time? I am really nervous that it's timed and unsure whether I should prepare by typing out answers to common interview questions or something like that. 

Thanks! 

Hi!

I know this is an old thread but for those of you who did really well on the supplemental, did you prepare for it ahead of time? I am really nervous that it's timed and unsure whether I should prepare by typing out answers to common interview questions or something like that.

Thanks!

The supplemental is timed, however the time limit should be more than sufficient to complete the essay questions. There is no point trying to type out answers beforehand, as the questions are not generic enough. You also don't get graded, so nobody really knows how well they did on the supplemental.

My advice would be to make sure you have all the time you need allotted and that it will be uninterrupted. You only get one chance to fill out the supplemental and if you close out it will submit as-is. No need to stress out over it, just answer the questions as you would if you were being interviewed. These will be the same format, you just don't have the stress of answering on the fly like you do in-person.

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2016 at 5:15 PM, rcmdc said:

Didn't get in. BUT, honestly the candidates I interviewed with were AMAZING individuals and I am so happy for them! Bummed, but it just means I'm applying again next year! It truly is an amazing program and I can only imagine it came down to fine details in selecting their candidates.

Congrats to everyone that made it! You deserve it!

To those of us who didn't, we can't be discouraged! If this is the program we truly want, we try again. It just means we have an opportunity to really shine...again!

Would you mind sharing your experience at the interview and the types of questions to expect? Also how did you prepare for the A&P/med term exam?

42 minutes ago, Aholli said:

Thanks medicfourlife! 

What do you think is most important to focus on for the interviews? I’ve heard the questions are fairly generic, is that true? 

Yes they are. The biggest things I would focus on is making sure you know, and are able to articulate exactly why you want to be a PA, Why you want to go to the University of Utah, how the mission statement aligns with your views and values, and the questions of that nature. That’s not to say that there will not be clinical type questions, but these type of questions allow you to give the interviewing faculty members insight into who you are and why you would be a good fit for the program and the program would be a good fit for you.

Archived