2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Status of Midwestern application has been complete on August 2nd. I received an email today that my application is on hold for a potential interview invite. What are the chances? I'm praying I land one!

I got an email saying my application was complete for MWU on 6/29. Later, I received an email saying my application was placed on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview. Has anyone else gotten this?

I just got an email stating the same thing a few days ago. Have either of you heard anything since or been invited to interview??

I finally got a potential interview email yesterday. I don't really understand how this all works, as I expect the class will be filled soon if its not already but at least I've heard something back I guess!

I received the same email 2 days ago as well. Wondering if anyone has gotten picked to interview after landing on this list? I would assume so, or else they would just send a "regret to inform you" email. Fingers crossed!

To all those who got the email stating their application was put "on hold" pending a potential invitation to interview:

I called admissions and asked the following questions:

1) Was there a certain aspect of my application which could have landed me on this list?

A: GPA or GRE scores

2) Is the potential interview list ranked in any way?

A: No, the committee goes back and reviews each application holistically when making interview decisions.

Hope this helps somebody!

To all those who got the email stating their application was put "on hold" pending a potential invitation to interview:

1) Was there a certain aspect of my application which could have landed me on this list?

A: No, the committee goes back and reviews each application holistically when making interview decisions.

Thank you for asking and then posting this. :)

Has anyone been taken off the interview waitlist??

• 4 weeks later...

I was sent the interview waitlist email back in August and hadn't heard since so I just called and spoke with an advisor. He informed me that at this time, the last interview date is scheduled for Jan 13th. He said there is the possibility of further interview dates, but at this time none have been scheduled. So, for those of us still waiting, it looks like we may have run out of time... :(

Archived