2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, I reached out to admissions since I hadn't heard anything and they told me I was on the alternate list. I wonder how deep this alternate list is?

I was under the impression if you don't fail the interview, you're placed on the waitlist. I imagine that makes potentially the 250 of us that interviewed, minus the 90 seats that were accepted on the waitlist. So 140 on the wait list, and they said in previous years they have taken ~30 off the wait list.

Received an email from Midwestern 2 days ago that this years interview cycle has concluded and that there will be no more interviews. Just wanted to update anyone who was also on the pending interview list! Best of luck to everyone the rest of this cycle and next years!

Hi! I got this email too. I received another a few months back saying my application is on hold pending an interview invite. So I emailed and asked why I was rejected/what I can do to improve/ etc. and I got an email back saying that this doesn't actually count as a rejection and they are still reviewing those applications and will continue to interview into March. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Congratulations on those accepted! I'm a first year applicant and I'm very interested in Midwestern U. I just need advice with the GRE. Does anyone know how heavily they weigh on GRE as far as giving interviews/acceptances? I took the GRE recently, first time i scored below the 50% percentile in Verbal + Math, 4 in Writing. I took it again and got 153 Math, 150 verbal, still waiting on my writing score. I must admit I'm not the best at standardized tests. GPA is 3.6 Cumulative 3.5 Science GPA. ~2000 HCE as MA/Scribe, 88 hours of PA shadowing (100 by the time caspa opens), +500 hours of volunteer in underserved and with other orgs. Any advice on where I might stand? 

To a_Kristine

I posted this with regards to someone else asking a very similar question under another Midwestern Forum. I feel as if it answers your question pretty well, too.

"I would DEFINITELY retake the GRE. From personal experience, I had 98% in writing, 82% in quantitative and 42% in verbal. I was, fortunately, interviewed; however, I was waitlisted. I decided to retake the GRE when I called and asked what I could have done differently, and she told me my GRE score was too low in the one section. I retook it, scored in the 60% for that section, and received my acceptance less than two weeks later. So.. I would DEFINITELY retake it. It can make or break your acceptance."

​With regards to other experiences of yours.. my GPA was similar, a little higher. I had over 4,000hr of research and over 2,000hr of clinical work as a Physical Therapist. I had over 2,000hr of international volunteer work in orphanages as well. About 50hr of PA shadowing in a number of disciplines.

• 4 weeks later...

I called a few days ago and they said that the class is full with 120 people still on the wait-list. However, the person I talked to said that students are dropping all the time and we can still be admitted until the first week of classes. It all depends now on whether or not people that have placed deposits drop out. I know of one person who got in that interviewed the same day as me (Jan. 13). She found out she got in on 4/20. I haven't heard anything besides that.

• 10 months later...

Hey everyone! I'm set to start the PA program this May and was just wondering what any of the guys wore to class each day? It says somewhere "business casual" so I was thinking slacks and a button-up but since its going to be so hot was anyone wearing a pair of "nicer" shorts and a polo T-shirt maybe? 

Thank you! 

Archived