What's Davis like?

Well, being an undergrad at Davis applying to the program and working with the PA students themselves at my clinic, the program at Davis is a little different from the usual PA program from what they tell me. Students only attend class at the medical education building in Sacramento 2 weeks out of the month. The classes are taught mostly online with the rest of the time doing clinical rounds in their main area of residence. Those that decide to move to NorCal generally live in Sacramento, the housing is both cheaper and that's where their classes take place.

Well, being an undergrad at Davis applying to the program and working with the PA students themselves at my clinic, the program at Davis is a little different from the usual PA program from what they tell me. Students only attend class at the medical education building in Sacramento 2 weeks out of the month. The classes are taught mostly online with the rest of the time doing clinical rounds in their main area of residence. Those that decide to move to NorCal generally live in Sacramento, the housing is both cheaper and that's where their classes take place.

Things are changing within the program. I don't believe they're going to be scheduling classes 2 weeks out of the month. The first year will be more structured like your typical PA program. I am a 2nd year and by the time you attend everything will be different. So what it's like now will not be the same a year or two from now.

Archived