Military experiece: how to quantify CLS experience??

While training with my unit for an upcoming deployment, I was sent to the Combat Lifesaver Course (CLS) and certified as an additional duty during the.  Basically the bridge between buddy-aid and the medics who arrive after help is called.

How do I quantify this for CASPA experience entry?? 

My primary job was quite different, I was a convoy commander during the deployment.  Each convoy had to contain at least 1 CLS qualified soldier in the case of IED/enemy contact.  So, I was in "standby" status on every convoy.  Any suggestions on how to add up that type of hours..?

Fortunately, the only time I had to employ these skills was to eval soldiers suspected of heat exhaustion. 

Thanks!

When did you go through basic training?  Unless things have changed since when I went through, every incoming soldier was trained in CLS.  It was like week 2 of basic training.  I know I was trained how to start an IV, I know they don't do that anymore in basic training though, so I'm not sure how they do things now.

Archived