WICHE Program

its a similar program as NHSC scholarship or loan repayment program for western division. they give you roughly 35k for the two year of PA school . 10% of it is loan and you have to pay back but 90% is considered grand if you work in primary care in an undeserved area for two years  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks sorry been busy with the Pa school , you know how it is haha I was just wondering what fields can qualify for WICHE after grad ? Only PCP ? No ER ? Internal Med ?

If you are already in a program, I don't think you are eligible for the WICHE. I had to apply prior to school. As as far as my situation goes, I am from Nevada. So the state of Nevada needs providers in underserved/rural regions. Since I am from rural Nevada, I will be returning home, to work in a rural region, primarily as a PCP, but the clinic is also a 14 bed ER and short stay obs unit. So, my situation is a combo of ER/PCP... Hope that helps. I'm happy to answer any other questions... Good luck with school! I just wrapped up 15 months of didactic! One step at a time! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived