CASPA 2016 Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I ended up giving up my seat yesterday to attend a different program for unique reasons regarding the other program and my interests.  So one of you may get a late acceptance.  Quinnipiac really is an amazing program.  Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted.  I am well familiar with the program, and have come to know many students, faculty, and graduates from my jobs, and I have nothing but great things to say about their program.  

Thank you.  I will be going to Drexel.  It was an incredibly hard decision, like choosing which of your two children to give up, haha.  The amount of support that I've seen Quinnipiac give to the incoming and current students is really unparalleled.  They've kept us very well updated on everything that needs to be done, things to do to prepare, filling out forms to find a roommate and a mentor that are a good match for you, lots of info on housing in the area, etc.  Much more than any program I've ever heard of.

The thing that tipped the scales to Drexel was that they offer an option to split their didactic year curriculum into 2 years (making the program 39 months instead of 27, but with a much lighter load the first year and a slightly lighter load the second year--it's not exactly an even split).  This would give me the opportunity to also indulge a bit in learning about music/art/dance therapy, which I'm interested in and Drexel's program is in the same school as the PA program.  I also think I'd have more opportunity there to explore my interest in Performing Arts medicine (issues related specifically to performing artists).

So yeah, quite uniquely personal reasons, that probably wouldn't apply to just about anyone else haha.  

Archived