CASPA 2016 Cycle

Guest GoyaHoya69

Do you mind to share when was your CASPA verified, submitted, and your stats?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Submitted to caspa 6/15 and CASPA verified on 6/17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates on invites or any information sent out by QU for this cycle? I'm still waiting to hear back from them and am getting quite anxious.

Hi there!! I'm new to this forum and I am a first time applicant. I also haven't heard anything from the grapevine about QU and I'm getting nervous about it as well. At least I'm not the only one :)

I haven't heard from QU neither, and I considered myself and "early" applicant.  I believe the first "wave" of invites is just going out - not just for QU but for many other schools too!  I might have overestimated when my CASPA was finally completed; also keep in mind that QU could receive your completed application later than your CASPA complete date. I've been waiting patiently for and yes, the anxiety is building but it can be controlled. I'm all for staying positive!  We may be pleasantly surprised soon!

Hey guys, current QU student here. I know the waiting game can be the hardest part, but do your best to stay positive! They're still reviewing apps and will be interviewing through mid November, so keep an eye out for that email. 

For all those who got invites so far, congrats! You impressed them on paper, and now they want to get to know you. From personal experience I can tell you QU is an amazing program with some of the best resources. I've seen first hand that the faculty are invested into you, and they really do want you to succeed. Try your best to relax and soak in the program and all it has to offer. They're very upfront about their mission and goals, and will tell you that you should also make sure that this program is a good for you too. Good luck!   

@Petunia, I don't think that is too late. I went for the first interview date (Sep 10). They told us (a group of about 30) that we may not hear back from them for a while. They are still reviewing applications. They continue interviewing and gradually send offers to the top picks. 

The drawback though, is that they only want 25 students. They already have 29 who are coming from the QU undergrad program directly into the master, so they only have 25 seats available for us. So far they have over 1100 verified and submitted application and more to come that are not 100% completed yet. Best of luck to you. 

Guest GoyaHoya69

@Petunia, I don't think that is too late. I went for the first interview date (Sep 10). They told us (a group of about 30) that we may not hear back from them for a while. They are still reviewing applications. They continue interviewing and gradually send offers to the top picks.

The drawback though, is that they only want 25 students. They already have 29 who are coming from the QU undergrad program directly into the master, so they only have 25 seats available for us. So far they have over 1100 verified and submitted application and more to come that are not 100% completed yet. Best of luck to you.

How was the interview? Relaxed or more intense than you expected? Were you impressed with the program? If you went to the event the night before, how helpful did you find it?

I'm interviewing there this Friday, that's why I ask. Thanks for any info.

I received an invitation to interview on 10/21! The invitation came via e-mail and I couldn't be more excited. For anyone that has interviewed thus far, or for any current students: Does anyone have any insight as to how many different individuals we interview with, and is there still a writing activity during the interview? Any and all feedback is appreciated!

For those who are curious:

Submitted CASPA: 7/3

Acknowledgement/under review: 7/18

Interview invitation: 9/23

How was the interview? Relaxed or more intense than you expected? Were you impressed with the program? If you went to the event the night before, how helpful did you find it?

I'm interviewing there this Friday, that's why I ask. Thanks for any info.

Hi GoyaHoya69, I know it is too late to reply to your post. I haven't been on the forum. I hope the interview went well for you. 

Archived