• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've only gotten the email saying that I've met the minimum requirements and my application will be forwarded to the admin committee. Looking back through old threads on this site they seem to do Anchorage interviews in early December, so I don't imagine we will be hearing much for about a month.

Hi everyone!

My name is Christina and I'm currently in anchorage class 8! Just wanted to give you guys some insight to hopefully give you guys peace of mind. I got my invitation to interview (through e-mail) on 11/2 for a 12/5 interview. We have new faulty this year, so I don't know how true those dates will be for this year. But I have to say this year's faculty is really on it and they are working overtime to get everything organized! 

Feel free to ask me any questions! I'll try to give you guys updates when I hear them! Good luck! 

Christina 

Hi everyone!

My name is Christina and I'm currently in anchorage class 8! Just wanted to give you guys some insight to hopefully give you guys peace of mind. I got my invitation to interview (through e-mail) on 11/2 for a 12/5 interview. We have new faulty this year, so I don't know how true those dates will be for this year. But I have to say this year's faculty is really on it and they are working overtime to get everything organized! 

Feel free to ask me any questions! I'll try to give you guys updates when I hear them! Good luck! 

Christina 

Thank you so much for the info? Hope class is going well for you!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Well got my offer for an interview in Anchorage December 3. Got the email on 2 of November. I think it would be a great idea to get together the night before. Would be nice to have a friendly face starting at the interview. 

I received an invite as well and am very excited to go! Maybe some of you would like to meet up the night before? Let me know and we can arrange something. 

I, too, am excited to be interviewing on Dec 3rd!  A get together the evening before sounds like a great idea.  Do people want to try to meet at a restaurant?  I'd also be willing to host at my house, but have to double check with my husband about it.  

I, too, am excited to be interviewing on Dec 3rd!  A get together the evening before sounds like a great idea.  Do people want to try to meet at a restaurant?  I'd also be willing to host at my house, but have to double check with my husband about it.  

I think it's a great idea. I would agree probably a restaurant. It is a more neutral site and for myself I would feel like I was invading on someone else's home since we all do not know each other, but that is an assumption. I'm up for suggestions on restaurants I grew up in Fairbanks so I do not know Anchorage that well.

Keep me posted on if you can do it at your house or not. If you can not host, we could plan a very informal get together somewhere. Like maybe Don Jose maybe? I'll be flying in on the evening of the 2nd around 7pm.

I think it's a great idea. I would agree probably a restaurant. It is a more neutral site and for myself I would feel like I was invading on someone else's home since we all do not know each other, but that is an assumption. I'm up for suggestions on restaurants I grew up in Fairbanks so I do not know Anchorage that well.

When are you flying in to Anchorage, I could give you a ride if our times coincide? 

I double checked and can host at my house, but it sounds like people would be more comfortable at a restaurant (and we might get a few lurkers as well :).  Two thoughts with solid food that shouldn't have long waits on a Friday night would be Ray's Place (http://www.raysplaceak.com/) which is Vietnamese or Serrano's (https://www.serranosgrill.com/menu.html) which is Mexican on Northern Lights.  Serrano's has counter service and Ray's is sit down but has a number of larger tables.  There's also lots of places downtown like Glacier Brewhouse or Fat Ptarmigan where we could try to get a reservation depending on how many people we expect.  Open to other suggestions as well... should we plan on 7ish so we don't end up out too late since the interview has a pretty early start?

Mexican is always a good choice. Its been awhile since I have been to Anchorage, but if my memory serves me right Glacier brewhouse is a good place to eat. Vietnamese sounds good too. I am not a picky eater so I guess if you would like you can take the lead and choose for us, unless any others have a suggestions I'm sure which ever you choose would be a good place too go. Thank you for the ideas.

Are people still interested in a meet-up on Friday? We can meet for Mexican at Serrano's on northern lights or downtown at 49th State Brewing (in the old snow goose building). Preferences? What time works with people's travels?

I'm still up for meeting. Pick the place and time I get in early on Friday so anytime works for me

Archived