kelseym1016

CASPA Verification Times

Hello everyone, 

For those that have already submitted their application in the past few weeks, how long did it take for your application to be verified? I'm probably going to submit my application tomorrow. 

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you've submitted already or not, but I submitted my application on 5/5, and it was verified within only a few hours! Good luck!

I'm not sure if you've submitted already or not, but I submitted my application on 5/5, and it was verified within only a few hours! Good luck!

Wow, a few hours is impressive! 

-Submitted May 6

-Completed May 12 (one transcript took its sweet time showing up)

-Verified by the time I woke up this morning May 13!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted on 05/14 and was verified on 05/18. It took 4 days because I was waiting on my last LOR. The second my Dr. Submitted that LOR it verified. 

Submitted 5/18 around 3:00 pm

Verified 5/19 around 4 am!

Hopefully this means mine gets verified today.

Edit:

Completed: 5/18

Verified: 5/23

why it took so long... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Completed 5/25 at 3:30 PM

Verified 5/25 at 3:30 AM

I had all of my LOR and transcripts in, so I guess it was so quick because they literally just had to match my grades and calculate my caspa GPA. 

Submitted Last night on May 26th, at 10:00 PM.

Verified May 27th, at 11:00 AM 

Woot! I thought it would take up to four weeks, but that worked out much better than I expected. 

ITS ABOUT TO GET REAL

Submitted 6/2/16

Verified 6/3/16 at 0400!

Didn't think it would be that quick, but I think it helped that everything was turned in and completed.

• Upvote 1

My guess is as good as yours, but it may be that I have taken less classes than you? Less schools attended (3). All my LORs were in and all transcripts were in. Maybe my classes were easier to verify?

Per the CASPA FAQ:  CASPA WILL NOT CALCULATE YOUR GPA UNTIL YOUR APPLICATION HAS A STATUS OF “COMPLETE.”

Submitted does not mean Complete.  Verification doesn't happen until Complete.  

My application is complete, I called them this morning and they apparently had some glitch in the system for my transcripts, glad I called cause that would have never been solved... Now I just gotta wait I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I submitted my application on June 1 and am still not complete.  It seems they might be waiting on a transcript (which I requested from the school on 5/26/16.  I am hoping it was delayed due to the holiday).  However, in light of your comment pdbhakta, I just sent an email to inquire about it; they are closed now so I will likely not hear back until Monday.  So my motto for the weekend is, "Good things come to those who wait!" ;-)

Good Luck to everyone applying this cycle!!!!!!!

Did you get an email from Caspa stating that they received your transcript?

I have not and I plan to call the school I requested it from tomorrow to make sure it was sent because I feel that even with the Holiday last week it should have made it there by now.

I called about some of my GRE scores today and in the process I asked them how far along in the process they were with my application. They said they were doing June 1st today; so they’re catching up and should have all of the ones that were submitted within the last week done by Friday - unofficially, but I’m sure they’ll get all of those verified for us as long as the applications are completed!

• Upvote 1

GREAT NEWS!!!

I was verified this morning - June 7 at 10:00 AM
I submitted on June 3rd - 8:00 AM

For all those that applied and are waiting - They should be catching up to you guys now

Good luck!

• Upvote 2

I just called CASPA and they said they are still verifying June 1 submissions. I wonder how you were able to get verified already, @pdbhakta!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jaykayleen
      As someone who has a noncompetitive GPA, I am considering pursuing a Master's in Biomedical Sciences to show programs that my study habits and academic performance has most certainly improved. 
      -Does anyone know if grades received in a master's program help boost the overall GPA?
      - Would the science courses taken at a grad level count for PA school pre-reqs?
      -Any tips/advice from those that have taken this route?

I appreciate you taking the time to help 🙂
    • By PAshleyS
      Hi, everyone!
      What are your thoughts on applying to programs with a ARC-PA probationary accreditation status (i.e., "Accreditation-Probation")?
      I'm a first-time applicant, and a couple schools that I have my eye on currently have probationary statuses (Johnson & Wales University; Monmouth University). I was wondering if it's worth applying to said schools, especially to ones that have had a probationary status for more than two years. 
      Although these schools are still considered accredited, is it safe to apply to & then attend these schools? Do these schools prepare students to become competent & trustworthy healthcare professionals? Are these schools worth the debt? My concern is enrolling in a school with probationary accreditation and graduating as a sub par PA-C, but those are just my uncertain sentiments at the moment. 
      Moreover, I've read that applying to these schools may be advantageous to some who aren't considered "strong applicants" (e.g., average grades/GRE). On the other hand, I've seen "strong applicants" display their admiration & loyalty to these schools here on PA Forum. I'm confused! Let's open up the discussion!
    • By emilymuff
      I am sure this has been asked before, if so, please forward it to me. But when writing out the description and responsibilities of your various experiences, should the format be a list/bullet point or more of a thoughtful written out paragraph? 
      What I have so far (in an excel sheet), is a list of my responsibilities with a small blurb of something I learned during that experience. 
      Here is an example of one of my work experiences:
      Active duty Navy, worked in hospitals on land and sea             Prepared operating room for surgery                 In charge of setting up sterile supplies                 Assisted the nurse and/or PA in positioning the patient on the operating table         Prepped the patient by shaving, washing, and disinfecting the surgical site         Applied sterile surgical drapes on the patient                Passed surgical instruments to the physician                Assisted the physician during the surgery                 Sutured incision site                   Applied wound dressings                   Learned that each member of the operating room team, regardless of education level, plays a vital role in the patient's safety  
      Any advice/experience is much appreciated
      Emily 
    • By chrissy88
      I started a job as a CNA in a hospital shortly after submitting my CASPA application to schools. However, since it is a current position that I plan on staying in until I start a program, how do I maintain my CASPA application, specifically the "number of weeks" section required for the experience? I do not have an acceptance this cycle as of now, and I want to keep schools I haven't heard back from up to date. I don't know whether to put in 52 weeks in that section since I will be there for approximately one year from my start date even if I get into a program this cycle, or just keep updating it every week that goes by? Right now I have 52 weeks in that section with a disclaimer explaining my start date and plans to keep the position until I start a program in the "description/key responsibilities" section under it. Please share your own experiences, I can't be the only one in this dilemma! Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By Jaykayleen
      I was checking my verified application & I have “Punjabi” listed under “native language”.  On CASPA my response to “first language” was “Punjabi”.   To clarify, I am fluent in English. (I’ve been speaking English since I was 5!! I answered to "first language" quite literally.) Will I run into any problem with PA programs? Would they assume otherwise?   --I was born in California and went to schools K-12 in Cali and then Uni of Cali, Santa Cruz for undergrad. Has anyone else experienced this?
      **The application is locked & I am unable to change it to English**

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More