Sterling Medical anyone? What are the other contracting companies?

Anyone have any experience working with Sterling Medical? I got offered a PRN job there as an employee providing a contracting job at a military hospital. I was going through the contract and there is a non-compete clause that they will not remove. Their claim (which they did put into writing in an email to me) is that it is meant that I cannot work at this specific location with a competing contracting company (though the contract does not explicitly say that, it states the city in general) and that many of their per diem employees have other employment concurrently. It also notes that the non-compete clause survives the expiration of the contract, which to me means that it is indefinite. I am going to go back to them requesting that if they truly did mean for it to be at this specific location that they put that into the contract. I can see how they might interpret that in what they currently have written but it can also be interpreted to mean anywhere which the city. Would it be sufficient to use the email as written proof if needed? I am getting a little suspicious, especially since they have been slow to answer my other questions regarding the job itself and there wasn't an interview process. I literally called to get some more information and they sent me a contract. 

I am a new mother looking to pick up multiple PRN jobs for weekend work when my husband can stay home with the baby. My husband is also active military so we will more than likely not be in this area forever but you never know with the military so I don't necessarily want to limit my options. As it stands the job otherwise fulfills our specific needs. I don't have any other job offers currently and my student loan payment is breathing down our necks. 

I am just looking to see if anyone else has worked for this company and if they had any problems because it seems a little questionable to me. Are there any other government contracting companies for PAs that anyone has used that they liked? I tried to search some but didn't have a whole lot of success finding many for PAs. Thanks!

Don't work for a military installation as a contractor.

I recently got a job doing this, signed a contract and everything. At the last minute, they changed their minds (about a week before I was supposed to start).

It has caused me many many problems since then. There is no stability at all and you will not be treated well. Just don't do it.

Archived