select a school on rank or cost? what about future job opportunities

I've been accepted to two schools, one ranking much higher (and costing much more) than the other (on the News & World Report rankings). I have two questions, does anyone have an opinion about the rankings, and does the ranking of the school you attend affect your ability to get the "best" jobs after school? Are graduates from more "prestigious" schools more eligible for more desirable jobs?

• 4 weeks later...

EMEDPA is right, the rankings were based on the number of people that responded to a volunteer survey. You can look it up on the US News and world reports website. I had been looking at the ranking as well until i discovered that, than I started doing more research on each schools rotations, curriculum, and job outcomes.

EMEDPA is right, the rankings were based on the number of people that responded to a volunteer survey. You can look it up on the US News and world reports website. I had been looking at the ranking as well until i discovered that, than I started doing more research on each schools rotations, curriculum, and job outcomes.

• 2 weeks later...

Google the research article called "A Novel Approach to Ranking Physician Assistant Programs" by James Van Rhee (2010). The paper ranks PA programs based on 5-year PANCE pass rates, accreditation length in years, student to faculty ratio, and percent of faculty with doctoral degrees. It is an interesting read.

Archived