Hi everybody, 

At my university, I have to take a human/mammalian physiology class as one of the requirements for a Molecular Cell Bio major. Without realizing that I had to take that class (because I was being stupid and not double checking), I enrolled myself into a regular Human Physiology class (for PA school) and am currently getting a C. I know for sure that I would eventually have to take the Human/Mammalian Physiology course that is required.

1. Would PA schools consider the Human/Mammalian Physiology course as a Physiology class? Or is it strictly suppose to be focused on human Physio only?

2. Let's say that I did better in the Human/Mammalian Physio course, would PA schools disregard the C that I had received in the prior course?

Thank you so much! :)

• Administrator

1. Varies by school, but many of them strongly prefer if not outright require human A&P. Whether human/mammalian counts will be up to each school.

2. It all averages in anyways, they will see all the grades, and the C (assuming you get one) will factor into your Biology, BCP, and sGPA scores.  I would do everything possible to bring that up to at least a B.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FromMic2Meds
      Hey everyone, I am putting together my application for the upcoming cycle. I am at the part where I am inputting my transcript and can't figure out how to classify some courses taken as part of my Health Sciences major which kind of 'umbrellas' subjects under health care.
      The course in question is: Marketing in Healthcare. 
      My dilemma is classifying this under either:
      Health Science Marketing Health Science Administration Please help 🙃
    • By Erose
      Hello all!
      I am sure there are already several similar topics already on here, but I am struggling to find them. I am wondering if anyone has compiled a list of schools that do or do not accept online anatomy and physiology courses if taken during quarantine. I have checked the websites of several schools that make no statements on how their prereq requirements have been altered in response to the pandemic. If anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful.
      Thank you!!
    • By KellyYe
      Hi, thank you to every one who dropped by to help! Below are the science courses I took in order, with grades:
      general biology I (C- first time, A second time), general biology II (B-)
      **general chemistry I (C+), general chemistry II (C) --- both with labs
      general physiology (B)
      biochemistry (B)
      organic chem I (B-), organic chem II (B-)
      genetics (B-)
      microbiology (A)
      human anatomy (A)
      endocrinology (A)

Planning on taking: immunology, human physiology, developmental biology, medical terminology OR primate anatomy 
      I'm currently a second term senior at a university, and I graduate Spring 2021. Many people advise students to not retake basic courses and focus on upper level courses, but there are also many people who suggest to retake any basic course with C grades to show PA schools that the first grades I received do not define my capability.
      Any opinion on whether I should spend extra time to retake general chemistry I and II ? If I should retake them, then should I enroll in the labs again or that won't be necessary since I already took them the first time I took the courses?

Thank you again for your time!

• By MACSID
      I am finishing up an 8 week session of Medical Terminology and Biochemistry with Doane online this week.  I will start another 8 week session in January that will consist of BIOX 355 (Human anatomy) and BIOX 356 (Human Physiology).  Has anyone taken these 2 classes at the same time (not to be confused with A&P I or II)?  I'm wondering if it will be much more difficult than the current 8 week session with Biochem.  The professors are Eggert and McMillin for the next 2 classes.  I'm hoping I'm not the only one crazy enough to do both full classes in 8 weeks.  Tell me it's doable!
    • By mummygirl40
      Hello all, 
      I graduated back in 2014 w/ a B.S. in microbiology, during which I did not complete A&P I/II or psychology. I've done my research on my top schools and am aware that there is a time limit on the other prerequisites I have. Being that so many of my prerequisites will expire and/or have expired, what are some suggestions on what I should do? My main concern is the financial aspect of this endeavor, as I'd like to keep cost to a minimum. Most schools won't offer financial aid to non-degree seeking students, unless enrolled in a degree program. Taking classes at the community college sounds great, but my top program requires 6 credits of upper division biology credits to be taken at the university. Anyways, I'm hoping that an out of school for a long time / missing a few prerequisites / aspiring PA can be of help. Thanks! 🙂

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More