Sign in to follow this  

Hi everybody, 

At my university, I have to take a human/mammalian physiology class as one of the requirements for a Molecular Cell Bio major. Without realizing that I had to take that class (because I was being stupid and not double checking), I enrolled myself into a regular Human Physiology class (for PA school) and am currently getting a C. I know for sure that I would eventually have to take the Human/Mammalian Physiology course that is required.

1. Would PA schools consider the Human/Mammalian Physiology course as a Physiology class? Or is it strictly suppose to be focused on human Physio only?

2. Let's say that I did better in the Human/Mammalian Physio course, would PA schools disregard the C that I had received in the prior course?

Thank you so much! :)

1. Varies by school, but many of them strongly prefer if not outright require human A&P. Whether human/mammalian counts will be up to each school.

2. It all averages in anyways, they will see all the grades, and the C (assuming you get one) will factor into your Biology, BCP, and sGPA scores.  I would do everything possible to bring that up to at least a B.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bananataters
      Hey Everyone,
      I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I'm looking for some advice.  My current stats are:
      cGPA - 2.96
      sGPA - 3.16 
      Last 50 Credits - 3.84 
      PCE - 4000+ Hrs 
      My AnP 1 and 2 grades are both B- from undergrad, when I didn't know what I was doing with my life. I'm wondering if I should point my energy towards retaking these two courses for A's or should I pursue a Master's program? 

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it. 
    • By PerspiringPA
      I have completed my bachelor's degree in Biology, but since I was pre-med back then, I didn't complete the anatomy and physiology course and now have to complete it at a community college. I also have a full time job and was hoping to take anatomy and physiology in a hybrid setting (online lecture with in person lab). Is this a good idea? I've been looking at schools websites and some don't care, some said "considered on an individual basis," and some won't accept it. Am I limiting my chances too much? I want to apply mostly west coast and surrounding states.  I also have to take statistics and I hope to apply for Fall 2020.
      Thanks!
    • By beavpa
      I have some concern about my A&P GPA meeting the prerequisite requirement for PA school. As most of you know many PA schools have a minimum GPA requirement of a "B-" or 3.0. In my first term of A&P lab I received a C+, which doesn't meet the minimum requirement. But my overall A&P GPA (3 quarters of lecture and laboratory) does meet the minimum GPA requirement. What will PA schools look at, my individual letter grade or my overall A&P GPA? 
    • By avanilla10
      Hi! So post grad life has changed my career plans from being a Doctor to a PA and honestly it's such a liberating feeling of not having to deal with the MCAT and residency. On the other hand, I don't know what my next steps should be since I made this decision very recently.
      Is there a specific program in the military (AF/Navy/Reserves?) where I can enter as an officer (I have a bachelor's in psychology and minor in sociology), get experience working in the hospital (in the pediatric ward if possible), then apply to PA school using those accrued hours as direct patient contact? And the number of X years I have to do in order to be able to get out of the military to pursue PA training?
      I would apply to PA school except I'm short on my PA pre-reqs since I've been doing pre-med pre-reqs all of undergrad, plus I didn't really get out there to work in a paid position that involves direct patient contact....and I haven't taken the GRE to boot. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but will my PA schooling, housing, etc be paid only if I get into a PA program prior to starting? Or is that a whole different program entirely dedicated for med and dental students?
      I know there's a lot to unpack here but if anyone could help me on how I should go about this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
    • By jesserae
      Hello!
      I Pre-Pa majoring in cell and molecular biology. My school offers an online course in medical terminology over the summer and I'm considering taking it (the course is not required for my degree). In your experience, is this a useful course and is it worth taking? 
      Thank you for any advice!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More