Masters in wilderness medicine

I am about to graduate from PA school and I am now applying for some ER fellowships.  My PA school is not a masters program.  I have the opportunity to do the St. Francis Masters for under 10K which is cheap, but don't really see the benefit other than an extra bullet-point on my resume. I am interested in doing wilderness/expedition/rural medicine after I get some years of experience.  I was wondering if there is an actual masters program that would better prepare me and be more practical than the alternative? Thanks 

You will never regret doing the St. Francis program.  In less than 10 years it will make a crucial difference to not have a masters.  You can then collect wilderness/disaster/tropical medicine CME and diploma courses to add to your CV.   Those retiring soon I would not worry about not having a masters, but if you are below the age of 45, it will make a big difference.  

• 1 month later...

Archived