2016-2017 Application Cycle -- UC Davis

No, haven't received anything since accepting a spot on the waitlist.

Also, just a comment to those of us still waiting to hear about next steps: based on correspondence that I had have with UC Davis admissions representativessince accepting my waitlist spot, there is no defined ordering of waitlisted applicants. Rather the admissions committee will apparently re-evaluate those remaining in the pool.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ndayakay, did you receive the acceptance email today, or from earlier last week? There was word from the admissions committee and current students that there would be two waves of acceptance emails (mid-December and late-December).

Wow I'm really late on responding to this so sorry, I got the email from the school of nursing that I was admitted on December 16th, but I didn't I guess formally accept that offer until I got an email from UC Davis Graduate Studies, on January 5 but I think they said during the visit days that they would have out all decisions by February (guessing towards the end).

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I'm really late on responding to this so sorry, I got the email from the school of nursing that I was admitted on December 16th, but I didn't I guess formally accept that offer until I got an email from UC Davis Graduate Studies, on January 5 but I think they said during the visit days that they would have out all decisions by February (guessing towards the end).

In terms of final decisions in February, do you mean waitlist decisions? or a second wave of acceptances??

It's a bit confusing what the timeline is for waitlist people. Cause they mention final decisions in feb at interview days but then it also sounds like accepted students have until April to decide without deposit...

In terms of final decisions in February, do you mean waitlist decisions? or a second wave of acceptances??

It's a bit confusing what the timeline is for waitlist people. Cause they mention final decisions in feb at interview days but then it also sounds like accepted students have until April to decide without deposit...

Right. Waitlisted students had until February 1 to accept a spot on the waitlist. Accepted students have until April 15 (?) to accept their spot in the cohort. After that time, the admissions committee will re-evaluate those waitlisted applicants in order to fill the remaining cohort spot, which will be at least 64, but could include more depending on the number of accepted NPs. Waitlisted status remains until June 30, when the cohort is finalized and one is either accepted or needs to re-apply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I accepted the waitlist position back in December. I get that it's a strong possibility they will get back to some of us when the new cohort starts in June/July. But has anyone heard from UC Davis yet that has been accepted off the waitlist? When do you think we will hear back? Is there anyone currently a PA student at UC Davis that was waitlisted then accepted that can draw out a timeline to they were notified?  Hopefully those on the waitlist find out before the term starts! Fingers crossed! 

Several people above were offered waitlist spots and have since been accepted to the program. The only date we were initially informed about was April 15--the date by which initial offers of acceptance were to be confirmed. As far as timeline goes, the summer session starts late June. One student I spoke with was offered a seat two or three days before the program started. I highly doubt that anyone would be admitted to the cohort after the start of the summer session. Once the term begins, the roster would be set.

Has anyone else from the waitlist been contacted by admissions? Anyone have an idea as to whether the cohort has been filled, or if any spots remain open?

I am on the waitlist and still waiting to hear back as well ... hopefully they will start pulling more people off the waitlist now that the deadline for initially accepted students (4/15) has passed!!!

Stay hopeful! A friend of mine told me that they accepted around 15 people off the waitlist last cycle so I'm still patiently waiting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived