2016-2017 Application Cycle -- UC Davis

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats all! I'm officially scheduled for Monday Oct. 3! Super excited!! I'll be flying down from Portland, OR and would love to meet up with any other interviewees the evening before to get some of the jitters out. Let me know if anyone is interested!

I was CASPA verified on June 26.

Congrats those that have been invited for interviews. The waiting game is so painful and I'm getting nervous when a lot of you already got the invitations today. Not sure if they're still working on sending out invitations cause the dates are coming soon in 2-3 weeks. Anyway, do you guys mind sharing the stats? Thank you very much. Good luck everyone!!!

Those who got interview invites today have till 9/19 to respond. Once they know those numbers they will send out addition invites a week or so later (At least that's what happened last year) so don't give up hope!

Thank you so much for the info. Do you know how many students do they take in per year? And what is the ratio between interviewers and accepted students? Thanks again!!!

1st-year UCD PA student here,

Congratulations to all the applicants who have received interview invites! You've made it past all the hard paper statistics of your GPA, amount of clinical hours, and countless personal statement revisions. Now the program wants to know who you are as a person. Don't sweat it, the faculty are extremely welcoming and want you to be as comfortable as possible. You'll find that this interview is a lot different than other traditional PA school interviews.

I hope to meet some of you during or before your scheduled interview day. As Phil mentioned, we are hoping to plan a meet and greet the night before each interview so we can get to know you all, answer any questions, and hopefully calm any nerves before your big day (not affiliated with UCD School of Nursing Admissions). To those who haven't received invites yet, stay hopeful. You could get notified a few days before an interview, so always be prepared.

A lot of applicants stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Midtown Sacramento since it's a one-minute walk to your interview building not having to worry about traffic, parking, or where exactly you have to be. Airbnb is also a cheaper option I used pretty extensively during my round of PA school interviews. Phil also mentioned a few of us may have a spot for one or two of you to crash at.

We have 81 students in our current cohort -- 64 PA, 17 NP. They plan on keeping the class size about the same. If anything, they'll try to bump it up to 90 like they originally planned last year. Once you survive complete the interview, they will e-mail secondary applications to a select number of applicants. After submission of your secondaries, they review your entire file and make their decisions. You could hear back as early as December to as late as April/May (classes begin in June). There is also a waitlist in which they tend not to disclose a lot of information about but many students come off the waitlist each year. 

I hope you're all excited to see visit our school and see what this program is about. Keep in mind that interview day is about seeing if you're a good fit for the program AND if the program is a good fit for you. If you have any questions about the process, program, student life, or anything else, feel free to reply or PM me :) Good luck to everyone in finding the right PA school for you.

Will be interviewing for October 4th as well and flying up from Los Angeles. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi all!

I received my invite to interview yesterday (9/15) and will be interviewing on 10/4. I'm coming in from Kentucky so I am going to come in on Sunday and explore Sacramento. I look forward to meeting you all!

Congratulations!!!! Can you guys share your stats? Thank you very much?

Hey I am int

I am interviewing on October 4th too! Where are you staying at? The Marriott is pretty expensive so I am look for a close but cheaper option. Thanks!

-Ali

I am staying at Hotel Med Park and it's about 100.00 a night. The Larkspur is about the same amount. Both of those are within walking distance. They also have some neat hostels around town that you could drive or uber to quickly. For a shared room it's like 30.00, private room with shared bathroom about 60.00, then private both is back up to your 100.00. Hope this helps!

-Sam-

Archived