Urgent care salary to expect?? 2 yrs experience

Hi!  I am just looking for advice on what to expect for a salary.

I am currently a physician assistant in a small rural community working both in clinic and in hospital.  I am responsible for 1 in 5, 24 hour admitting call.  I currently manage my own patients in the hospital.  I have two years of experience in this position.  I am definitely working significantly more hours than they stated, making my salary quite pathetic in the end. 

I am currently applying for an Urgent Care position in MN

Hours: 3-12s one week, then 2-12s, 2-7s the next week which includes the weekend shift.  Hours are 8-8 except weekends. Weekends are 1:2.

It is a fairly busy urgent care, where you would expect to see 30+ patients per 12 hr shift.

They do not offer shift/holiday differential but give 10k bonus yearly to make up for this. 

23 days PTO year 1, 28 days PTO year 2

Most healthcare paid, all malpractice paid

2% match 401K with extra percentage given yearly depending on what the board decides

5 days CME, $2500

I am wondering if anyone has estimates on what to expect for salary/hourly in a position similar to this?

Received offer and salary is $48/hr. Is this sufficient for a job that is every other weekend? I also have experience doing DOTs, family medicine and am willing to fill in so that is another thing I have to offer.

Is that 1099? Doesn't seem like you have full-time hours either.

For an urgent care where I was expected to see 30+ patients a day, I wouldn't accept anything less than $60/hr. They are making a killing off of you. Procedures as well?

did a short stint in a regional UC clinic about 5 years ago

At that time I was $75/hour and my replacement was at $85/hour

I would politely decline anything under $60/hour for m-f work

if it included nights and weekends that would go to $65/hour

would demand $2500 CME, one week CME, full health for family, and 4 weeks vacation, with 10-12 holiday, and a week of personal - yup that figures to 8 weeks off a year

BUT do the math on what you are generating in income and you realize they will still make a killing off you - a doc would cost them $225,000 min so don't give yourself away

I did rounds at a nursing home ( set my own schedule showed up when I wanted to during week) and was paid $40/hr. That was basically to visit with these sweet old people and treat their constipation and utis. Once in a while sick patient that you sent to ER but still. I kind of think...if I can make $40 with like zero stress what would it take to feel stress? So I don't work for less than 65-70-ish. And that was five years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did rounds at a nursing home ( set my own schedule showed up when I wanted to during week) and was paid $40/hr. That was basically to visit with these sweet old people and treat their constipation and utis. Once in a while sick patient that you sent to ER but still. I kind of think...if I can make $40 with like zero stress what would it take to feel stress? So I don't work for less than 65-70-ish. And that was five years ago.

Forgot to say it was part time so anywhere from 12-18 hrs a week

• 2 weeks later...

What would you guys say is a fair hourly rate for weekend PRN in urgent care? I'm looking to pick up some extra hours in the UC owned by the hospital that I have FT employment with. I have a bad feeling they are just going to offer me the same rate as my salaried position, which would be way low for UC.

Yikes - undersold yourself there - NH coverage (if you stay productive) can be VERY lucrative.  Also, with all the insurance changes no longer a nursing homes just LTC - now they mostly have a sub-acute unit, and those are really pretty much extensions of the hospital with sick sick people.....

What would you guys say is a fair hourly rate for weekend PRN in urgent care? I'm looking to pick up some extra hours in the UC owned by the hospital that I have FT employment with. I have a bad feeling they are just going to offer me the same rate as my salaried position, which would be way low for UC.

$65 as a bare min.... docs cost 2-3x's that and if you are already in the system that should be an assesst as they already know you (but HR tends to try to lowball you) so just lay out $85 and negotiate....

Archived