placed on alternate list. any chance?

Hello. 

I had 4 interviews last cycle. I received 3 rejections and 1 alternate list. I am very thankful for being placed on alternate list, because it's not a straight no and I am still being considered. (Staying positive) 

The program did not mention how many candidates are placed on alternate list. It just says "small group."

I will continue to apply for the next application cycle, but I was just wondering if anyone got accepted after placed on alternate list.

The program starts in June, and it's already mid-April. 

• Administrator

People get accepted off alternate lists all the time.  Not sure about your chances--even if you'd posted all your stats, that still doesn't tell us what the Adcom knows about you and where they've ranked you, let alone where everyone else

When I got one acceptance, I dropped from two other wait lists.  I doubt that's uncommon, but I did that in January of the year I started in June.  Others may be waiting significantly longer to do essentially the same thing.

Or, the school that has you waitlisted may have dozens of people on the waitlist, with you nowhere near the top.

In your shoes I would be preparing for next CASPA cycle, while at the same time arranging things so I could go to school if the opportunity presented itself.

Archived