MEDEX Applicants 2016-2017

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No call yesterday, feeling a little disheartened. I guess it's not official until I see the letter though.

I know it's difficult to not stress at this point, but I waited a grueling 5 days for a waitlist email from another school. They said "we will notify Monday" but there was some debate about candidates and many weren't notified until Wednesday.

Don't fret too much, they probably didn't get enough time in the working day to get everyone notified in one day.

Hello,

I was wondering if any current students or re-applicants could provide any insight on the interview process. I don't expect you to share all of the details that give the interview away, but I would love to know the format and any other information you are willing to offer.

Thanks so much :) 

MEDEX relies heavily on the old Peace Corps interview format (I have heard the Peace Corps now interview via webcam).  That is, interviews are deliberately in small groups.  I don't want to give away too much information, as it would be unethical (you can google more on the interview format).  However, you can use some of the tips for Peace Corps interviewing, found online, to prepare for the day at MEDEX.  

I'm also new to the forum and received an invite today for the Spokane campus on October 22nd.   I'd definitely be interested in meeting up for dinner and having a few familiar faces on interview day.  Congrats everyone!!!

Hi everyone! I was also invited to Spokane on October 22nd. We should definitely meet up the day before sometime. Has anyone confirmed a time and place to meet? Thanks and hope to meet you all soon!

I know it's difficult to not stress at this point, but I waited a grueling 5 days for a waitlist email from another school. They said "we will notify Monday" but there was some debate about candidates and many weren't notified until Wednesday.

Don't fret too much, they probably didn't get enough time in the working day to get everyone notified in one day.

One person from my class waited TWO WEEKS. He assumed that he was toast, and then the magical call came. I really, really isn't over until you get that letter. 

Build some furniture...that's what I did. Remarkably absorbing to puzzle through some complicated IKEA patterns and helps keep you from your phone 24/7. ;) 

One person from my class waited TWO WEEKS. He assumed that he was toast, and then the magical call came. I really, really isn't over until you get that letter. 

Build some furniture...that's what I did. Remarkably absorbing to puzzle through some complicated IKEA patterns and helps keep you from your phone 24/7. ;) 

I got my call the day after the interview. I'm currently a second year spokane student. Best of luck to ya'll this year. I was invited to be on a panel at the 22nd Spokane interview's, see you all there. Just relax and go with the process, and most importantly be yourself. 

Archived