Re-applicant, new transcript?

I know CASPA was clear on what rolls over into the new cycle from the last one, but I just need a confirmation that this is correct. 

I've already graduated and gotten my bachelors degree from one university, and that transcript was sent to CASPA last cycle. I haven't update the transcript with new classes or anything, so would it be correct to say that I do not need to order a new transcript from this school and that it will just roll over?

In addition, I have taken a couple of pre-reqs at a different university, so once final grades have been posted, I will need to update that transcript (aka, send it to CASPA).

Since I already have transcripts posted to my CASPA from last cycle, will CASPA send stuff out to schools as soon as my letters of recommendations go through? Or will they wait until the new transcript with my pre-reqs gets processed and finalized (which would take weeks)?

If you have new classes that you have completed as of the time you submit, then your application won't be processed (verified) by CASPA until the additional transcripts are received, grades verified, and new GPA calcs done.  

I'm sorry but I can't recall if I resent transcripts from schools that were previously verified by CASPA (and I don't know if that's changed with the new release last year); I think I had to resend when I re-applied.  You'd be better off checking the CASPA FAQ and if it is unclear, check with CASPA customer service (rather than rely on what any random person like me tells you).  

FWIW, if you took prereqs then you probably WANT those reflected as completed, and the grades posted and included in your GPA hours and calcs, for your application this year.  Other things being relative equal, the applicant without anything outstanding is going to be preferred over the one that still has requirements in progress.  

• 3 months later...

Archived