Do you think being a PA is for me? MD? Advice welcomed!

The correct question is do you think the PA profession is the right fit for you? No one can answer that question for you but you.

There are so many careers out there that fits the broad "I want to help people" descriptor. It mainly comes down to how you go about helping such population.

• What are your motives, desires, and goals? Use these answers to narrow down your career options. 

ps - careful how you say things on here or the seasoned PAs will eat you right up LOL - guess I figured if I go the PA route and decide I want to be an MD, then I can always go back to med school since I wouldn't be that old really."

• If this is your logic....why not just go to MD/DO school?

You have 4 years of undergrad to work on.  Worry about that first.  Find a job where you can get HCE and that might help  you decide which career is right for you.  You may start college and realize there is an entirely different 3rd option you like even better.

It's too soon for you to pick which path, so don't yet.

Here

Sorry, I was trying to edit the grammatical errors in my post, and my cat  jumped on my computer and somehow deleted everything. :( Thank you for the advice so far. I'll just wait til I start shadowing to think about either career more. I just really like to have things planned out and was lacking people to talk to who knew anything at all about medical professions.. Thanks again. 

Archived